cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Retention Dept. (Acct. managers)

BrianP58
Audio Engineer

Things just continue to deteriorate at DISH.  I've been with Dish over 20 years.  The past few years they have been willing to help me stay with Dish with occassional discounts to my bill.  Otherwise I cannot afford to keep the service.  The last discount expired and was told a few months ago to simply call and they would see what they could do.

I called today and was told I'm no longer eligible for discounts.  In fact, the representative read me a "legal disclosure" that I have received excessive discounts in the past.  I felt like a criminal.  This is how DISH treats their long term loyal customers?   Amazing.  

3 Replies

Re: Retention Dept. (Acct. managers)

Chadt4141
Production Manager
They do have audits they perform on accounts that when excessive curtesy credits are given, they lock out credits. They also, usually for those, limit non tech calls to one per month.

BrianP58
Audio Engineer

That's fine but keep in mind Dish was the one who offered those credits.  I didn't force them to give them to me.  And now they have a representative read me a legal disclosure telling me I'm not longer eligible for those credits and that they are limiting my support calls?  I call them probably once or twice a year.  Ridiculous.

Mrself
Extra

Do like other people do. Drop them. Get another service and get all the perks of a new subscriber. When that contract expires come back and get treated like a new customer