cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Recording OTA locals on. Hopper 3

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Recently lost our CBS so hooked up an inside OTA antenna. Going to get an adapter to connect the antenna to my Hopper 3. When I do this, will I still be able to record multiple shows at the same time? I realize the Prime Time recording option will not be available but with 16 tuners, I'm hoping I can record numerous shows and still be able to watch a live program.
Thanks.

7 Replies

Re: Recording OTA locals on. Hopper 3

Roadijeff
Visual Engineer

I have an OTA antenna connected to a Hopper 3.  I believe you can only record one OTA station at a time but you can still record up to 16 total stations at the same time, as long as the others are via satellite.

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Hmmmm, not happy with that as the one reason I went with the Hopper 3 was to be able and record numerous prime time channels at the same time. 

Thanks for replying.

Roadijeff
Visual Engineer

Except for CBS, aren't the rest of your local stations still available via satellite?  You can record them at the same time.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
With the OTA adapter, there are two choices you have. A single tuners or dual tuners. That is just for the OTA delivered channels. The 16 tuners on the H3 is for satellite delivered channels.

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

So with a dual tuner OTA adapter, I will be able to record 2 over the air local channels but can still record other channels that are from Dish Network, for example The Hallmark Channel?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Correct.

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Ordered an AirTV dual tuner today for $30 cheaper than the one from Dish. Keeping my fingers crossed it will work.  Then I will cancel my locals through Dish.
Also going to split the antenna and run a coax to the VCR/DVD player/burner and be able to record an additional local channel if necessary.