cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ready to cancel after 16 years due to lack of customer service and HBO

Kimmy22
Extra

It is unfortunate that after 16 years with dish I am thinking of canceling. It is bad enough that they lost the HBO programming

but on top of it they have horrible customer service. 

Dish has not offered any incentive to keep long time customers from canceling. 

I was told from customer service  that because we could get HBO now for the same price they are not worried about losing customers and that no they are not offering anything. 

When you call in you get so frustrated because their English is horrible.

My issues never get resolved and then I am so upset I just hang up.

I think that is what they count on. 

I could go on and on but why

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ready to cancel after 16 years due to lack of customer service and HBO

DISH Employee

We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels.

While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill, as well as providing you a free preview of HDNet Movies which showcases the best in box office hits and award-winning films, uncut and commercial free.

We know that it has been frustrating without one of your favorite channels, but we are working to be able to provide this channel at a fair and reasonable rate for all of our customers. Thank you for your patience while we are working on this for you. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
There really is no reason to make an offer for the lost HBO. They are not charging for it, so there is no monetary loss. Most customers can use HBO Now, so there is no loss in service to the general public. There is not really a reason to offer anything in its place, however they did give HDNet and a few other free previews.

njande75
Character Actor

The loss is to rural customers (like me)  who don't have good internet to stream HBO.  

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Me too, me too!

Gimee money, cut my rates you gotta do something.

I never got HBO but I sure thought about it a lot.

Just last night I dreamed I was watching Game of Thrones, then I woke up and remembered I CAN"T GET HBO NO MO.

So Dish ought to do whats right, either send me a check or cut my rates.

It's only right, right?

DISH Employee

We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels.

While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill, as well as providing you a free preview of HDNet Movies which showcases the best in box office hits and award-winning films, uncut and commercial free.

We know that it has been frustrating without one of your favorite channels, but we are working to be able to provide this channel at a fair and reasonable rate for all of our customers. Thank you for your patience while we are working on this for you. 

View solution in original post

ichibon
Character Actor

Plus I received my latest bill from DISH and to  add insult to injury, there is a five dollar increase on my subscription.

It sure does look like it's time to cancel. I will be checking with COX to see what kind of deal they will give.

DISH Employee

Hi ichibon. It sounds like the change you noticed may have been the 2019 Price Increase. This is always a tough decision on our side but since we do not own the channels included in your package we have to pay the channel owners in order to keep showing the content you enjoy. We are known for fighting to keep our prices low, but DISH and all other pay-TV providers have had to accept significant price increases from these channel owners.

If there's anything we can do to help improve your DISH experience and keep you on with us, please let us know in a Private Message including your account information and we'll see what options are available. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Hello_its_me
Character Actor
Oh Dish, paleeeeese!! Enough with the woe is me and mutually agreeable nonsense. After close to 20 years with you I am in the same place. 20 years of loyalty and on-time payments which in your business is not always easy to find. I don’t switch my service every few months like other people do to get the best pricing. Instead, I continue to stick with you despite the lack of programming, constant changes in billing and yes, even lackluster customer service. So try harder and get it done!!! Not charging for HBO when they pulled their programming? How kind of you to consider, I mean, would you actually charge us for programming that is not available?? You make it sound like you are doing us such a favor. Stop talking and go get some results!

Paula
Character Actor

I 2nd That!!!!!!!!

Paula
Character Actor

I 2nd That!!!!