Programming Disruptions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Disruptions

LIKKITYSPLIT
Character Actor

I'm sick and tired of all this bickering you do at our expense (literally) with programming providers. We're either losing signals or stations completely. We pay money every month to watch more commercials than content. Commercials are the main income for broadcast and cable channels, yet you choose to charge us a premium to watch them. Now you are in a dispute that will block NFL Playoff games from us. As if things weren't bad enough already. These stations need to to expand their viewing areas, and attract more advertisers. You should get permission to air them for free. All we should have to pay for is your operating costs. You've already lost HBO, FOXSW, and numerous other channels, but continue to keep the ridiculous channels I could care less about. These new streaming services are a fraction of your cost and provide better options. Your lack of maintaining a reputation of being known as "reasonable to deal with" will be the death of you. As soon as my contract is up you can expect to lose me as a customer to streamers who value my payments.

10 Replies

Re: Programming Disruptions

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Unfortunately, that’s not exactly how it works. Local channels charge for ad space, not providers(this was a correct statement by you), but then they also charge providers for carrying the channel, and the rates are high. So high, they have increased over 10,000% in the last 10 years. Dish actually recommends not paying them $12 per month for locals, and using an OTA antenna, and feeding it through the hopper in order to continue recording and never be affected by a dispute for locals. So Dish wants to make less money, and save you money... only one side is asking for more money there.

DISH Employee

Hi, LIKKITYSPLIT. We completely understand where you are coming from and we hear what you are saying. We will be delighted to forward your feedback to our home office.For all up-to-date information on the negotiations, please visit Dishpromise.com. 

madbradh
Extra

This is BS the fat cat big money employees are to worried about their million dollar bonus's instead of fixing this Fox dispute I pay an extra $13 per month(and since June when this dispute started so I'm out approx over $100) for a sports package that I don't receive over half my regional sports channels and I AM SICK of the BS. So maybe stop the million dollar bonus's and pay for my sports that I'm suppose to receive I've missed sooooooo much action that it's SICKENING.

DISH Employee

Hello Madbradh! We are still fighting to get these channels back as soon as we can. We recommend checking out http://DISHpromise.com to submit further feedback to DISH channel advocates who are the ones fighting to restore these channels for you.

Highlighted

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Still fighting after 6 months? Doubt that. Dish is just pocketing the money we pay for this programming.

DISH Employee

We absolutely get your concerns with the channel negotiations, Dazed1. We are hopeful and open to a fair agreement to bring the programming back as quickly as possible.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

JessicaM, then get the negotiations over with.  We have lost a season of college football now and going on a season of local NHL coverage as well.  We want our regional channels back.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

Chad, keep your comments about programming to yourself as you do not have anything of metric to add to the discussion.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Less than 10% of customers watching FS RSNs. This is specific to Dish customers before the loss. As a paying customer, my vote counts as much as yours, so no, I will not keep quiet on it, as it impacts me as well. Which is sort of the entire point.