Primetime Anytime Not Recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primetime Anytime Not Recording

kimbeelee
Character Actor

We recently moved to a new location, dish is in a RV with a Winegard satellite dish. I've updated my local channels to our new location with dish customer service. Primetime anytime is not recording anything. I am able to manually record the locals. Primetime anytime is turned on.  We move every 3 to 6 months and this is the 1st time we have had this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Primetime Anytime Not Recording

kimbeelee
Character Actor

We were in this area last year, with no issues. I also did not call into dish to update our local channels when we moved to this area the 1st time. If I were to update our locals to the address we had last year do you think that would fix the HD issue?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Do you happen to know if the winegard is using eastern or western arc and which arc the HD locals come from. The reason I ask, the PTAT records the single transponder, Designated for that location.

kimbeelee
Character Actor

I have no idea we just plug it in and it does its thing. We are not picking up any HD local channels they are all coming in as SD. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That would explain a lot. Sounds like the winegard only does Western Arc and the Hd locals for where you are are eastern. That means the PTAT wouldn’t be an option with the signal you’re receiving.

kimbeelee
Character Actor

We were in this area last year, with no issues. I also did not call into dish to update our local channels when we moved to this area the 1st time. If I were to update our locals to the address we had last year do you think that would fix the HD issue?

View solution in original post

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s likley. Unfortunately the site I used to check satellites and locals has been taken down due to not being updated. As long as the address you had in the system last year has not gone through a migration, you should be fine.

kimbeelee
Character Actor

Thanks for your help! So PTAT will not work unless we have an HD signal?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Yes and no. There Re markets that do not have Hd, and those markets will work. It’s more or less each market and the designated transponder set for the feature. Most markets will be HD, and that is the designated transponder that carries the locals for PTAT.

8balljimmy
Costume Designer

when I was getting locals from dish prime time work fine... now that I am using OTA prime time does not work   turn on days and time  set but does not work ...must be how dish has this app set up

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Prime time anytime does not work unless you subscribe to the satellite locals.