Personal Guide Freezes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Personal Guide Freezes

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
Thanks for responding, I got to 2nd level support today. Over 800 customers are experiencing this problem, but internally at Dish, this is not being communicated it seems. The support guy also saw this happen, I duplicated the problem while he was in the receiver watching. Still nothing online from Dish, and people responding seem to be in-informed. Please check carefully internally , this is a known problem. If you are one of the 800 that have this problem, join me in putting additional pressure on Dish, I have had the problem over 5 weeks and no progress, they will not fix until overwhelmed by complaints , they have no ETA on fix and will sit on this until we the customers make them. Sorry Dish, but hiding this from customers and your own people show me you are not looking out for us.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

If you want to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN, we can go ahead and see if we can come up with a workaround in the meantime or see if there is anything else that we can do to make this time a bit easier. 

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
Thanks for reading, but I know the workaround, and it is not acceptable to me. If you exit the personal guide, select the derails guide(all channels) and go back into personal guide, it will start working again BUT the problem always comes back. Switching back and forth all day is not a good workaround! All the work is on the customer, and weeks go by with no progress or updates. Sorry, but hammer on your support team, make them share everything I have been told internally, customer relations team is also in the dark.

DISH Employee

Jmikell, thank you for providing the additional feedback regarding this situation. I will make sure to forward this on. At this time, the work around you mention is what we have to relieve the concern. We have no further updates as to when this issue will be resolved. 

Jmikell
Audio Engineer

to Carina and Sadedr, if the forums work like other companies, these employees contribuite in a non-official capacity, they can put their screen names, say they are employees, but they do this on their own, not in an official capacity. Thank you for your time, and for answering our posts. I have seen how companies withold information on known problems before, in this case Dish is even witholding information from their own employees. I know and your intentions are good, and God bless you for trying to help us. This is a very simple concept to me. Dish sold me somthing that is not working as designed. It has never worked, not a single day since it was installed. I regret moving from your evil compeditor to Dish, you are indeed ahead technically, but at least their stuff works as advertised. I don't want a free month, I don't want a discount, I just want it to work, or i want out of my contract that has nto yet been fulfilled.  It is not all about the money, its about working hard all day, coming home and not having to wrestle with a defective guide to find something to watch. Thanks Dish employees who answer these posts, if only your Technical Engineers were working as hard as you are to fix the problem. I chjallenge every Dish employee to turn off your personal Guide, use only the "all cahnnell guide) and tell me how you like the service then. Dish Customers with this problem, join me in raising the roof, this is not a small issue, it is a major PITA.

Jmikell
Audio Engineer

12-16-19, my personal guide still not working, every technician including Dish Doctor Team tells me it is a problem that engineering is working on. I know hundreds of customers are experienced this problem, and ther is no viable work around. Dish is ignoring this problem. How can a company offer a service and not deliver what the devices are designed to do. Sorry i ever left DirecTV, all of there equipment worked as designed, the few dollars I save each month is not worrth it.