Did you mean: 

Personal Guide Freezes

Jmikell
Audio Engineer

15 Replies

Re: Personal Guide Freezes

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
Since getting Dish, I have never been able to get my personal guide to work. I have contacted support and they say this is a known problem, and engineering is “working on it” well they have been working on it for a very long time with no success! Dish believes it is OK to tell customers to get out of a personal guide, then go back in to make it work again. I do this multiple times each day, and wonder if anyone else is getting sick and tired of the excuses and stalling by Dish, and want this fixed? Please join me in demanding that dish get this known problem fixed. Otherwise I don’t think they will fix it. Listen up Dish, tired of wAiting on you, get this fixed, or let me out of my contract, I never would have signed up if you had disclosed this problem!

peggyrh
Casting Director

I've never had the Guide freeze on my Hopper 3, or either Joey & I've had them since the release several years ago.  Are you using an older model receiver? 

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
This is a new install about 5 weeks old, all new hopper 3. I have been told by support multiple times that is a known issue, insisted on escalation, told the same by escalation tech. Possibly bug with newer version? They are not talking , just a canned answer. Thanks for reading!

DISH Employee

This is a long standing known issue that has been investigated for some time.  If you would like please send me a PM on this site with the channels included in your favorites list and I can attempt to do some testing to see if I can get more information for you.

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
Thanks for responding, but there are over 100 channels in my personal list, typing them all would take a while. Since this is a “ known problem” to Dish , why is there no official statement, and nothing in these forums? Why are agents so vague and do not speak as one voice? I believe Dish is hiding this problem hoping those affected will just go away. I know there are others out there based on your statement and what support told me. Where is the workaround documented?
Highlighted

DISH Employee

I can't speak to why or what an agent may say on the call in regards to this issue.  I can say there is a known issues list that is available to all dish network employees and this is issue is on that list.  It does include the work around which is to change to the my channels / all subscribed  channel list, then change  back to the favorites list.

While I cannot state this as gospel, some reports do suggest the issue is tied to having collapsible channels included in your favorites list.  An example would be the Big Ten Network which is channel 405-1.  So if you have some of those channels that include a dash in your favorites list it may be worth it to try removing them and seeing if the issue goes away.

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
That is great info, I do have collapsible channels and will try that. Here is the bad part- I was referred to customer support ( non-technical) and spoke to them today, none of them are aware of this problem, the lady discussed it with her team and told me none of them were aware. Their conclusion is that I have a bad hopper 3, one is being overnighted to me AND a tech is being sent to install it. The lack of documentation on this problem within Dish will result in a lot of wasted time and money. This is a sad situation, but I don’t know what I can do, I just want it fixed, and telling me it is a known problem with no ETA does not cut it. I am not willing to use the workaround over and over forever. I expect the equipment to work as designed

Jmikell
Audio Engineer
On Saturday, 12-7-19 a Dish technician was sent to my home by the Customer Relations Department. When I spoke to them, they had no record of a problem with a personal guide hanging. Three people in support had told me this is a known problem, but they wanted to try another receiver. On the 7th the receiver was placed, and with a couple of hours, I saw the same problem, the personal guide hangs, and only the complete guide will work. This is not a hardware issue, it is a firmware/software problem. Customer Support and customer relations are not on the same page at all. Others must be seeing this issue!

DISH Employee

Our technical operations team are working on getting this resolved. Issues like these require multiple account examples so that they can isolate the problem. 

The timeline of the solution will depend on what the issue is exactly and what resolution is needed.