On demand free movies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand free movies

Kclayborn14
Extra
I just downloaded a movie from the free movies on demand and wasn’t able to finish it. It said that it had expired so I deleted it and tried to find it again the next day and now it wants me to rent it for $3.99 but I just watched part of it for free the day before. Is it just a scam to get more money?
6 Replies

Re: On demand free movies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The free version may have expired... but no, not a scam. Dish offers what they are given.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Sorry to here about this @Kclayborn14 .  Can you confirm the exact event you were renting?

Kclayborn14
Extra
It was ‘ There will be blood’. Like I said before I downloaded it on Saturday from free movies on demand and then it expired before I had a chance to finish it. So I deleted it from my recordings and went back to free movies and went through all of them and could not find it so I used voice command to search it and it wanted me to either rent for $3.99 or buy for $12.99. The same thing happened with the movie baby driver as well. I just don’t understand why there on there for free one day but the next it’s asking me to pay for it.

DISH Employee

If you could send me a private message with the phone number used on your account I will be happy to review the account.  I can tell you that based on what I am seeing you may need to subscribe to different channels to view "there will be blood" now as it looks like the rights to the movie may have changed in november.

peggyrh
Casting Director

We had a free Showtime weekend, if the movie was through Showtime it would not be available later without subscribing or paying extra.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I think Peggy nailed it. Googling shows that movie on Showtime.