No info on KAUZ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No info on KAUZ

bmcdanel
Extra

I got an OTA adapter and installed it successfully.  However, some OTA channels did not have guide information.  The only one of these important to me is KAUZ, channel 6.1, in Witchita Falls, Texas, the CBS HD station.  The other three network channels have schedule information, even most of the sub channels.  After doing the recommended troubleshooting, it is apparent that the guide information for this station will not show.  The Dish channel, 6.0, shows the info.  I understand the encoding of the guide informaltion can be a problem.  The question is why this particular station, identical to the Dish channel 6.0, does not show the guide information?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No info on KAUZ

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
How long has it been installed?

Re: No info on KAUZ

bmcdanel
Extra

According to Dish, the length of time installed is irrelevant.  However, after several hours and following the only procedure to force an update, it still does not have the schedule info that the satellite provided channel has.  Considering that the content on the satellite channel comes from the OTA channel, it should.

As an aside, I did find several OTA channels that I had thought were cable/satellite only.  It is also useful to get all four of our state's PBS channels rather than just the national channel.

I can say that the Dish OTA dongle's tuner is not quite as sensitive as the one in the TV used to test the antenna.  I actually had two sets of the PBS channels.  I'm sure one set of the repeaters was considerably weaker than the other, but both came in clear.  One set went away when run through the dongle.