cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Hopper 3 Install - Poor HD Picture Quality

Joelhel
Character Actor

Switched from DirecTV today. Hopper 3, HDMI 2.2 Cable, LG OLED 4K TV, TV and Hopper settings checked and correct, cables secure, reset Hopper and cables per phone support. The only thing that has changed in the setup is the switch from the DirecTV DVR to the Hopper 3. Picture on all HD channels is fuzzy, unsharp with poor detail. Had a beautiful, clear, sharp HD picture with DirecTV. Difference is night and day. Unacceptable!!! Have to wait more than a week for a service call. The thought of putting up with this for 2-years or paying a termination fee is also unacepptable. 

7 Replies

Re: New Hopper 3 Install - Poor HD Picture Quality

DISH Employee

Joelhel, this is not how we want you to be enjoying brand new services. With the Hopper 3 since it is 4K compatible and you have a 4K TV, it will require a 4K HDMI cable as well. 

Joelhel
Character Actor

As my note said, I have a high speed HDMI 2.2 cable. When that cable was connected to the previous DirecTV DVR, I got their 4K HDR cannels clearly so the cable is not the issue. What next?

DISH Employee

Though it might have worked with another provider, to receive 4K content with the Hopper 3, the HDMI cable will have to be a 4K specific cable. 4K HDMI cables, will say 4K on the tip. 

Joelhel
Character Actor

It is a 4K HDCP 2.2 cable.

DISH Employee

We can look at the system, please send a Private Message with the account number and 4 digit security PIN.

Joelhel
Character Actor

How do I send a PM?

DISH Employee