cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My timers keep resetting back to default start and end times

dareman
Character Actor

I want my shows to start on time and end on time.  I set a timer and change the defaults from the early start times and end times to 0 minutes.  Both show "saved"  but when I exit and then go back to timers they are both back to default settings.  Any help???

7 Replies

Re: My timers keep resetting back to default start and end times

DISH Employee

Hi dareman! I would be feeling concerned if the timers were not saving the edit to your timers. I would try deleting the timer, and then recreating it with your desired start and end times. Let me know if that helps! 

dareman
Character Actor

Thanks for the idea.  I have tried that.  I deleted them all, then did them all over.  It keeps putting the timers back to the default start and stop times.

DISH Employee

Got it. I'm going to go ahead and submit this feedback over to my technical operations team so that they can take a look at this and make sure that it's not an ongoing issue. 

To make sure that I'm providing them with the best information, can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN? 

dareman
Character Actor

How do I send PM?

DISH Employee

Here is a link that can show you a step by step on sending me a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Kaddyshack
Extra

I would like to report that I am having this issue too.  I had changed my timers just the other day to start and end on time so that I have less conflicts. Then today I was checking on something else and noticed that all my timers had reset to the default.  Frustrated, I decided I must have made a mistake somewhere and started updating the start and end times again. While doing this I exited out to pause what I was currently watching and then went back to timer settings page.  Here I noticed that the timers I had just updated had reset to the default again.  

For my third attempt I updated the start and end times on one timer.  The DVR showed the changes as saved.  I switched to live tv and then right back to the timers page.  The start and end times were back to the default.

In my final attempt I deleted a timer.  I then set up a new timer for the same show with the start and end time settings that I wanted.  I then went to the page to manage my timers and, nope, this new timer now showed the default start and end times.  Not the start and end times I had requested.

At this point I feel that in order to get my recordings I am going to have to babysit my dvr.  I am quite frustrated.

DISH Employee

We absolutely get why you would be upset with this situation, and certainly don't want this being the viewing experience you have with DISH. Will you send us a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please? 

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039