cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My Hopper is ignoring end late settings

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Watching an NCIS LA recording and it ended just before the end of the show so I tried to figure what happened.  Looking at the recording the show started a few minutes however the whole recording was only 60 minutes long.  I thought I had all the timers set to start 1 minute early, and end at least 15 minutes late.

I rechecked each timer and I was right each was set up to add at least 15 minutes onto the end of each show, these timers had been made either from the guide or by using search to set up, not from prime time anytime screen.  I went to DVR and started looking at my recordings.  The shows that were not broadcast on primetime anytime were all good 60 minute shows were 76 minutes long and 30 minute shows were 46 minutes long.  Looking at the shows that aired on prime time anytime were almost all bad, they were 60 minutes or 30 minutes meaning nothing was padded to the end of any of them meaning if any show started late the end would be cut off.  I pulled the plug to force a reset and everything stayed the same.

It's very frustrating when you watch 55 minutes of a show and it just stops.  If the show is scheduled to end at 10pm you can't even find the missing part on Prime Time anytime cause that ends at 10pm, it the show is on CBS on demand probably wont have it either.

When all shows started on time I was dumb and happy, but as soon as one started late I became very unhappy.

It's really easy to check for, just look uinder DVR and see the duration of each recording, if they are 30 and 60 minutes tou have the same problem.

I called Dish and was told no one else had reported it, I gor them viewing my TV and showed them the issue so they opened a ticket.

Now I wait to see what they will do.

3 Replies

Re: My Hopper is ignoring end late settings

Chadt4141
Production Manager
You set the recording up outside of prime time anytime, but do you have prime time anytime enabled for that day? You cannot extend prime time anytime recordings, even by setting extended timers for the specific show, since PTAT takes priority.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

I've always had Primetime anytime enabled, I've always set up my recording timers using either the program guide or the search function.  I always paddded the ending times of all my recordings.  The recordings (under DVR) always had the padding  applied to them, all of them including those during prime time on the big 4.

However now it has changed.

All the recordings that used to work just fine now have no padding applied if they are for shows that appear during prime time on the big 4 networks they are only 60 or 30 minutes long no longer 76 or 46 (1 minute on beginning/10 minutes on the end), but this failure only happens for shows on the Big4 during prime time.  This happens even though the timer that recorded the show has start 1 minute early, and end 15 minutes late.  The recording is not made using those settings from the timer and it really, really used to.

DISH Employee

Thanks for these detailed posts Tommy.  I am not in my normal office today, but tomorrow I will be sure to set up some testing for this issue and see if I can duplicate it.  

If I am able to duplicate the issue as you describe it I will get with the correct teams and try to verify if this is by design, or unintended.  Either way I will let you know the results.