cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mounting a Wally vertically

hrhchazman
Character Actor

So I did a Google search for "Mount a Wally vertically" and the first thing that pops up says you can only mount a Wally horizontally, you cannot mount it vertically. When I clicked on the link guess what they show. A Wally mounted vertically. Wait, WHAT? I want to mount ours vertically on the wall behind the TV in our RV because the shelf below the TV isn't deep enough and the Wally sticks out. I was thinking about using velcro. and of course I would mount it with the ventilation holes away from the wall. I should mention that the TV is on a swivel mount and when pushed in close to the wall there is still about four or five inches between the back of the TV and the wall, so I really doubt that heat would be a problem. Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any thoughts?

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mounting a Wally vertically

DISH Employee

That's an interesting question hrhchazman

The wally is not designed for vertical mounting, that said, there is no reason it won't work in the vertical position.  velcro should work as long as you make sure it is heavy duty, use a large enough patch (maybe a decent sized square at each corner), and be sure to attach it to the bottom of the wally.  By design the wally vents heat out of the top, so attaching from that side can have negative effects on the receiver.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

DISH Employee

That's an interesting question hrhchazman

The wally is not designed for vertical mounting, that said, there is no reason it won't work in the vertical position.  velcro should work as long as you make sure it is heavy duty, use a large enough patch (maybe a decent sized square at each corner), and be sure to attach it to the bottom of the wally.  By design the wally vents heat out of the top, so attaching from that side can have negative effects on the receiver.

View solution in original post

hrhchazman
Character Actor

Thank you Jason_C,

We are definitely on the same page for mounting.

Once it is done I will check it frequently to see if it's getting any warmer than it was when it sat on the shelf.

Side note - I love the fact that the remote works even behind walls because it allows us to switch from the living room TV to the bedroom TV by simply moving the HDMI cable from one to the other, since they are on opposite sides of a wall in our travel trailer.

garybigbear
Character Actor

I have my Wally mounted vertically and it works just fine. I have had no issues with it at all.

hrhchazman
Character Actor

Garybigbear,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I posted that question I mounted mine vertically and have had no issues either.