cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Meridith corp and dish going black on channel 4 in Tennessee

Bob4
Extra
I have had dish for 14 years now and I’m cancelling if it’s not resolved by September in order for me to watch my Chicago shows on WSMV-Channel 4!!! This is absolutely ridiculous that two established companies cannot come to a reasonable conclusion. It’s asinine to pay for a service I don’t receive regardless of who’s fault it is. Meridith Corp is not charging me for local channels Dish Network is!! It needs to stop!! Period.
5 Replies

Re: Meridith corp and dish going black on channel 4 in Tennessee

Cerberus
Extra

I right there with you! I'm here in Kansas and trying to watch my Chiefs football on and over the air digital antenna that was provided by dish. It doesn't work with my receiver. So I hooked it up to my TV. The signal is waek, even though I only live 35 miles away from from the city. This is getting ridiculous! When are going to get the channels we paid for!? I want my football on the satallite channels I am paying for! When is going to end!?

Come on dish. Do your job and provide the service we are paying for!

Freed
Character Actor
I am in Oregon and Dish has had a block on Meridith local 12 Fox for about a month now. I understand dish doesn't pay during the dispute but we still get billed for it. A real joke . I'll bet they don't even read these comments.
When you contact them they blame the channel owner Meridith. I called Meridith and they say the block out is dish's fault
Both Liars that don't care about their customers

peggyrh
Casting Director

Yep, neighbors switched to Direct yesterday due to loss of Portland 12 which has been showing preseason football & they were tired of missing games.  It's time for someone to get us our channel(s) back. 

BTW the block is Meredith's fault, they're the only one that can cut off the signal.  If Dish could still show programming while they in negotiations they would (that's what they originally asked Meredith to do) - last thing Dish wants is for more subscribers to leave.

AZ
Audio Engineer

@peggyrh 

Have you considered getting an OTA antennae (hooked up through you Hopper by Dish), instead of paying for the local Dish package?

Our household switched this summer.  I'm happy saving $12 or $15 (or whatever the price was) to get the local channels through Dish.  In our area, we've also lost a local channel because Dish is in negotiations to be able to offer the channel through their local package.

peggyrh
Casting Director
Where I live it's not a simple option, mountains & distance are too much of a barrier. Expensive & not reliable.