Loyal customers get old equipment?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal customers get old equipment?

sumatm
Extra

I've been a loyal Dish customer for over 8 years with no payment defaults ever. I have old equipment, whereas new customers who sign up for Dish now are offered new equipment with voice controlled remotes, multi channel viewing etc. When i ask for this same upgrade of equipment i'm being asked to sign up for 2 year contract, similar to NEW customers..... how is this fair????????

What is the point of being a loyal Dish customer when i'm being treated as a new customer when i'm asking for the same equipment as new customers get...... something is wrong in this thinking from Dish.

I would much appreciate if someone from Dish would address my issue or point me to the right forum for it.

thank you.

7 Replies

Re: Loyal customers get old equipment?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You got new equipment when you were a new customer too. Any upgrade of leased equipment requires a new commitment. You can purchase the equipment and not have a commitment.

reofl
Extra

I joined DISH  in 1997, now Dish believes the "NEW" equipment I received then (22 yeears ago) is good enough, and that as an long term DISH customer I still need to extend my contract for two years to get the newer equipment they offer to NEW customers exclusively?  Poor customer service I think!  I am starting to looking into alternatives.

DISH Employee

It is correct that equipment upgrades require a new 24 month commitment. We would be happy to take a look at your individual account to see what options are available to get you set up with our newest equipment. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into this together. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

tommyy2
Cinematographer

If offered any "upgraded equipment" I would not even consider the H1, H2 or Hopper with sling.  When Dish rolled out the new UI it pretty much made my Hopper with sling horrible.   The H3 is the only one I would recommned.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The equipment isn’t exclusive to new customers, and new customers have to commit to a 24 month commitment as well. You can purchase the equipment and avoid the commitment, just like a new customer as well. The commitment is for a lease, whether 1 day or 22 years as being a customer.
Highlighted

Katzy
Extra
I feel the same way and I've been a loyal customer for over 20 years

Drains
Character Actor
I so agree. It’s like we are punished for a job well done. I pay more with my 10 year old equipment than a customer with a brand new system. I was told by a technician that if I upgraded and did not get a Hopper, I was almost guaranteed to receive a refurbished unit. He said they have been causing all sorts of problems. If I choose to add a hopper my bill will be over 100/ Month It is already 90 now. But if I cancel my service and put it in someone else’s name I can get the reduced price. Either way I have to sign a new lease. There should be some special for costumers who have been with the company X amount of years and haven’t missed a payment