cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local Channel CBS gone. What the heck??

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

OK, I have been without HBO/CINEMAX for weeks now and wake up this morning to find that I no longer have my local CBS channel!!! What is going on with Dish? ? ? Are they going out of service? Do we need to move to a different provider?  This is getting ridiculus !!

7 Replies

Re: Local Channel CBS gone. What the heck??

Jsz
Extra

I agree!  I just changed from DirectTV and this is just ludicrous.  Dish needs to hire some negotiators who know what they are doing.  SO NOT HAPPY!

Poedinmo
Character Actor

Agreed. Dish acts like,it is ‘saving’ us from the big mean providers, but tne joke’s on them when we all leave. THEY SUCK,!

peggyrh
Casting Director

Why do you think going to another provider is any different?  Because most of the stations are now owned by just a few companies they feel they can hold Dish (or Direct or Comcast, etc) hostage for whatever prices they want.  It's nothing new, been going on for 20+ years, but recently has become worse.  Until the industry makes changes it's going to continue.

Alpha57
Character Actor

I'm in Phoenix, no NBC here.  After a decade with dish looks like it's time to shop for another provider

Alpha57
Character Actor

Change providers because they always give new customers a better deal, with existing customers being forgotten.   A change every 18 mos ........

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

So in less than 24 hours my local CBS station is back on the air.  DISH - why can't you do this with HBO/Cinemax? Still waiting after weeks for these channels to come back!

peggyrh
Casting Director

Local channels aren't the same as a pay to watch premium channel - which is now owned by AT&T, Dish's biggest competitor.  From what's been reported AT&T is holding Dish hostage - if you must have HBO there are several other ways to get it at the same price if you can stream (Roku, Amazon Fire box, etc.).