Is Dish Calling?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dish Calling?

jkfla
Costume Designer

Received a call today from 866-668-8047.  CID said only Toll Free Call.  I already had this number on my block list but when I called it back that guy answered "Thank you for choosing Dish."  Just wondering if Dish is making solicitation calls now or is the number being spoofed by scammers.  I hate missing a legitimate call but I can't deal with these scammers any longer and rarely answer any calls if I don't know who is calling.  The fact that people can so severely abuse our communications systems to this extent and without recourse is totally outrageous.  We have the technology to stop it.  But when??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is Dish Calling?

DISH Employee

Hello jkfla. It definitely does look like it may be a number from one of our teams, as some of them do start with an 866 for their outbound number. When we reach out to you, we will always notate your account. I can definitely double check your account specifically to make sure that this is indeed from one of our teams. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into that for you. 

To send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

View solution in original post

9 Replies

bobC
Audio Engineer

I totally agree. Service providers (Verizon, TMobile, Sprint, etc.) should be able to provide FREE spam blocking for anyone that requests it.

Highlighted

jkfla
Costume Designer

Yes, I agree with you.  It also irks me to the core that all of our legislators are so busy infighting that they have no time to work solutions to problems like this that would make life easier for "we the people" who are paying the bills.  This would also include the president and his entire cabinet. They are all worthless and should have to backup to get their pay checks.

Russ
Character Actor

" I already had this number on my block list but when I called it back"  

Why would you call a number on your block list?

jkfla
Costume Designer

Just checking to see who I got because it was similar to another number used by my insurance.  You never do that?

Russ
Character Actor

No.  Numbers on my block list never get through.  No government needed for that.

jkfla
Costume Designer

Great for you.  Your Call Block must be more sophisticated than mine.  While the call doesn't "get through" I can still see how many times the blocked number has called.  This number called again today and I am just trying to determine if it is really Dish calling.

DISH Employee

Hello jkfla. It definitely does look like it may be a number from one of our teams, as some of them do start with an 866 for their outbound number. When we reach out to you, we will always notate your account. I can definitely double check your account specifically to make sure that this is indeed from one of our teams. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into that for you. 

To send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

View solution in original post

jkfla
Costume Designer

Jasmine,  After checking 800notes.com I see where others are also getting renewed bogus calls from this number as was the case with your inbound only number a few months ago.  It is another phishing scheme from foreigners who are spoofing the number then requesting personal info and money for services.  It is unfortunate there isn't a way to stop this from happening.  Dish should take this number out of service for this reason.  I will keep it on my blocked list.  Thank you.

DISH Employee

We definitely understand where you're coming from, and appreciate you providing this information. If you have any other concerns come up, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Have a wonderful rest of your day, jkfla!