cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can you turn off/disable recall

Elainea717
Extra
My husband HATES the recall screen that always shows up when you first turn on the tv. He has memory issues and this complicates both of our lives. He is a channel switcher and is always calling me in to help him get rid of it. He is confused easily and then gets frustrated and angry. There should be a way to disable it ?
3 Replies

Re: How can you turn off/disable recall

DISH Employee

I understand, Elainea717! If you have a Hopper or Wally box, you can set the preference for what you see when starting up the box under the Power Settings. The choices are "Tune To Last Channel", "Show Home Screen", or "Tune To Smart Channel" (which is based what's popular at the moment, or previous viewing history).

View the instructions here, and click Power Settings: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/set-display

Williamhill
Extra

DISH Employee

Hey, Williamhill! We don't have a way to stop the Recall button from performing, but, if you have our Hopper system, you can have the Recall button perform a different recall function such as Tune to the Last Channel, Show the Last 6 Channels, or Tune to the Last Channel while showing the last 6 channels.