cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper shuts off

Cmerohrer
Character Actor

.Have had DISH fit 6 months now. It has not worked since the start. Shuts down. Black screen Netflix.  Now after months of issues and techs they put in new joeys. Worked for a day. Then keeps going into standby.   Then they put in Hopper 3. Now it feels like it is on fire and shuts down.  So bad we have a case manager.  Next is Direc Tv.  No one can help

3 Replies

Re: Hopper shuts off

DISH Employee

This is definitely not the type of experience that we would want you to have with our service, Cmerohrer. Our Case Managers do everything that they can to find a permanent fix for the issues that you are having. I would absolutely recommend reaching to the Case Manager assigned directly to your account for further assistance. We would be happy to help in any way we can here as well. If you would like, don't hesitate to send us a Private Message. 

To send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

houston8831
Extra

I have a similar problem of Hopper shutting off at least once a day.  Have to push reset or unplug a few minutes then push reset.  I have called many times and customer service runs through the same script each time.  Had to buy service plan to save myself the $100.   I have had service man out twice.  They replaced the hopper a couple months ago with the save result.  I put a laptop cooling pad under the hopper to see if that would help.  No luck.  Allow me to vent just a fraction of the frustration I feel.  It burns me that I have to pay to have a service man come out to try and repair YOUR defective equipment. Or that I have to purchase a service plan.  It also burns everytime I call customer service they act bored and are downright rude.  The fact that I have been with Dish just shy of 20 years means nothing.  Any change I would try to make extends the contract which at this point I consider bondage.  I am paying over $80 a month for a system that shuts down at least once a day, for customer service that doesn't care if you are a customer or not.  The service people and the customer service reps jobs seem to be only to get more money from you.  I wanted to change back to standard type receiver like I had for 19 years.  That would extend my contract 2 years.  I have never been treated so poorly by a company.  I am counting the days before I can be done with Dish.  The commericals touting your JD Powers awards for customer satisfaction are a joke.  I will be very surprised if anyone does anything about this since I have submitted complaints several times.  Your customer service reps just say, "Well I did offer you blah, blah, blah at $$$ more a month".  Like that is a good thing.  No, "I'm sorry you have been having problems with our equipment".  

Terrible customer service Dish Network!

DISH Employee

Hi houston8831! At DISH, we believe in being tuned into you, and I'm sad to hear about your experience so far with our services and equipment. I know I would be feeling the same way if I feel a company that I do business with isn't meeting my expectations. 

I'm here to help if you want send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN.