cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper 3 restarts at the same point on some recordings

PanzerIPO3FH
Character Actor
My Hopper 3 continuously restarts on certain recorded events and always at the same spot. It ONLY HAPPENS on recorded events. Any help is greatly appreciated!
8 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 restarts at the same point on some recordings

DISH Employee

Hello PanzerIPO3FH. Do you get any error messages before the Hopper resets? Does this also happen at the Joey's when watching the same DVR program? 

PanzerIPO3FH
Character Actor
After the Hopper goes through about 3 main screen splashes, it then says in the lower right- hand corner, "restarting 9999". It happens on the Joey and even if I try to watch the program on my Dish Anywhere app.

PanzerIPO3FH
Character Actor
Personally I think it's a corrupt spot on the hard drive.

DISH Employee

Is this happening when you access any DVR event or only certain recorded events?

PanzerIPO3FH
Character Actor
It only happens on certain recorded events. But every time I try to get through that record event, it restarts at the same point.

DISH Employee

Is this an event that you can try re-recording to see if it still resets in the same place?

PanzerIPO3FH
Character Actor
I have deleted the bad event, re- recorded the event and watched it with no problem. The problem then just resurfaces on a different program. Now I just don't delete the bad event so as not to free up the bad segment of the hard drive. But as I said, I have bad events recorded in case you guys can access my Hopper remotely to see it.

DISH Employee

I gotcha! If you can Private Message me we can look into it further! You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039