Hopper 3 DVR Pixelation and Wireless Joey Freezes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 DVR Pixelation and Wireless Joey Freezes

Steve12
Extra

Well, I have struggled with a new Hopper 3 and its associated 3 wireless Joeys for over 2 months.   I have searched this forum for answers and tried every reset buttom and procedure described, with no success.    Nothing seems to help.   The Hopper 3 will start pixelating during DVR playback and then the Joeys will start freezing and eventually lose connection after a couple of minutes after displaying a Black screen.   The only way to recover is to unplug the Hopper and let it restart.    This does temporarily fix the issue for 1 to 2 days.    Then the problem starts all over again.   The Hopper 3 doesn't even have to be on for the Joeys to start freezing and disconnecting when watching TV is other parts of the house.   

3 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 DVR Pixelation and Wireless Joey Freezes

DISH Employee

Hello Steve12. This is not something you should be dealing with and our goal is to get to the bottom of it.

Where exactly is the antenna outside located?

Anything blocking the antenna? 

Has the Hopper been moved from it's location where the tech installed it at in this location?

Steve12
Extra

The Satellite Antenna is located on the roof where it was originally installed 28 years ago.   I have had no issues until the 3 months ago when the Dish 722 DVRs were replaced with the Hopper 3 and Joeys.   None of the units have been moved since the technician installed the units.

The technician did change out the LNA and the cabling to the Hopper 3.   The signal strength is 77 percent and steady.   

Normally I can tell system is going to fail whe the Joeys start to pixelate, then the screen goes black and finally the connection is lost.  This occurs every 2 to 3 days of operation.   All Joeys lose connection with the Hopper 3 and both the Hopper 3 and at least one Joey must be unplugged from the wall and allow them to restart.   Sometimes I have to unplug the units and allow them to restart multiple times before they reconnect.  Performing a reset from the Hopper 3 using the reset button does not work.

Last night I noticed, when watching a DVR recorded show,  the Hopper 3 it started to pixelate.   Shortly there after,  all the Joeys stopped working.

I've never had any issues with previous Dishnet equipment, but this is really frustrating to say the least.

DISH Employee

It certainly sounds frustrating and I hate that you are dealing with this. I do appreciate the details of what happens and want to look further into this for you. May you please send a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit security PIN. To send a PM, please reference: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039