Home and RV one one account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home and RV one one account

Robdishhome
Character Actor

I need some help from the community. I have been around in circles with Dish people and they really don’t know anything. They keep insisting that what I want to do can’t be done. I know for a fact it can be done but even asking to speak to supervisors they insist it can’t . I have a friend who has this setup and has shown me his monthly bill to prove it.

so let me try to articulate as clearly as I have with Dish people.

• i have Dish at home with a Hopper and 2 Joeys for secondary TVs. This has an account number and my monthly rate is about $90 
  • I have a separate account for my RV which has 2 Wally’s and runs with my Winegard Dish. This has a separate account with the same channels as my home TV. The monthly cost is $90 and can be stopped anytime when I’m not using my RV and restarted by paying the monthly bill again. 
  • This gets expensive because of the 2 accounts and we use our RV often so I need to pay $180 for the two accounts. 
  • I want to cancel my RV account and add the two Wally’s to my home account which should only add another $14 ($7 for each Wally ) to my home account. 
  • DISH tells me I can’t do this because I can’t mix Hoppers and Joeys and Wally’s to one account. They say you can’t have a non DVR receiver (Wally’s) with the Hopper. 
  • No matter how much I explain that the two Wally’s have nothing to do with my Hopper or Joeys at home. They have completely different satellite dishes and will never work in conjunction with each other. This is simply a billing issue to combine the two accounts.
  • Dispite the fact that my friend has this exact setup and he is charged $7 for each of his RV receivers each month on his home bill. 
  • Does anyone else have this setup? Is there something I am not explaining that my friend has that I can tell someone with a brain at DISH to resolve this? PLEASE HELP!!!!

8 Replies

Re: Home and RV one one account

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
As long as you own the Wally’s and pay any balances on the RV account that may be owed... you should be fine.

Robdishhome
Character Actor

How do I get this across to DISH? They seem to be in a loop of This cannot work. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Tell them to cancel the RV account, the. Ask to transfer the receivers to your home account. When you move around in the RV, you’d want to update your service address each time, which will likely affect your home location getting local channels.

Robdishhome
Character Actor

ok thanks. That is exactly what i asked them to do and they insist it can't work this way. Thanks anyway.

mbpharmd1
Extra
I had no issue adding my Wally receivers to my dish home account. I have found dish customer service to be hit and miss. There is not any consistent message from them. I would cancel your rv account and call dish outdoors and ask for a senior tech.
Highlighted

DeenAdol
Extra
Yes, you can do it. I just got a Wally last week. Enclosed was a flyer advertising it. Call 1-866-827-1759 or go to "getdishathome.com" I'd post a picture of the flyer but the forum won't allow it

Robdishhome
Character Actor

Thanks everyone for your response. I have now got confirmation from this site and also an RV site that it is possible. Armed with this, I will make another call to DISH and see what happens. I’ll report back. thanks again.

jjdrisco
Extra
I do not have the Wally or the hopper. I do have dish at home and in my RV. I have a 711 dual receiver and a a 211z at home with DVR capabilities via a usb external HD. I have 2 211z in my RV with the same dve set up. All on one bill.
Maybe the problem lies with the home hopper system.
I travelled all summer in my RV and always use my dish for tv.