Hate viewing interruption from DISH POPUPs -

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate viewing interruption from DISH POPUPs -

HB3
Camera Crew

DISH popups ruins my TV viewing. Almost every time that I turn on my TV and watching a movie or program, my show turns off and a DISH popup comes on the screen with the instructions "PRESS SAT BUTTON ON YOUR REMOTE TO WATCH TV.” This is a terrible interruption to my viewing. I am already watching TV when the popup turns off my program. I do not see any purpose for this popup except to ruin my movie that is current in progress. Is there any way to stop this from happening? The same thing happens to a friend of mine. He gets just as frustrated and angry as I do on these unnecessary popups.

14 Replies

Re: Hate viewing interruption from DISH POPUPs -

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Change your inactivity standby time. It’s in the menus, I believe under power.
Highlighted

HB3
Camera Crew

Thanks, I appreciate your time and input.  This solution does not resolve the problem.

I already set up the inactivity standby a month ago to the maximum 8 hours. This does not affect my viewing being cut off by DISH unwanted popups.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Is this on a Joey?

HB3
Camera Crew

This is on a Hopper Sling and a Joey.  (We watch on the Joey most of all because DISH installed it in my living room.)

HB3
Camera Crew

This is on a Hopper Sling and a Joey. (We watch on the Joey most of all because DISH installed it in my living room.)

DISH Employee

Hey HB3! That particular Pop Up comes up when the TV mode button is selected. This gives you a heads up to be careful since that can cause the input to change. 

You can change a setting on your remote to where it will stay locked in the SAT button. Pressing the home button two times, or Menu one time, let's go to the Settings Icon. From there, let's head over to the Remote Control Settings.

On that particular screen, let's scroll down until you see limited Mode. If it says Off, let's press Select to turn it On. If it's already On, let's turn it off and then back on. Let me know if that helps. 

HB3
Camera Crew

Thanks so much for your advice.

I never take the remote off the “SAT,” except by occasional accidents. I followed you advice and reset (turn off, then back on) the limited mode on the DVR. The limited mode was off on the Joey, so I changed that setting to the “on” position. Now comes the waiting game to see if these changes repair the nuisance.

Thanks again.

DISH Employee

Don't mention it! That's what I'm here for! Let me know if that helps. 

HB3
Camera Crew

Sorry to say, but this did not help.  I appreciate your efforts.