HOPPER 3 CONTINUOUSLY REBOOTING 5 TO 10 TIMES DAILY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOPPER 3 CONTINUOUSLY REBOOTING 5 TO 10 TIMES DAILY

NIEL
Extra

I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR SEVERAL YEARS I AM ON MY 3RD BOX AND STILL REBOOTS CONTINUOSLY SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.I REALY STINKS BECAUSE MY RECORDINGS GET ALL SCREWED UP ..I HAVE READ THAT SEVERAL OTHERS ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE ..IS ANYTHING BEING DONE ABOUT THIS ??

5 Replies

Re: HOPPER 3 CONTINUOUSLY REBOOTING 5 TO 10 TIMES DAILY

bear350
Costume Designer

I don't want to piss you off anymore,  but have you checked your Power suppy to the unit ?   I have Friend that has one and his was too, So I asked him to try another socket and he did and it's been working since, These units are very delicate in the power managment dept.    

So try and find another Socket and make sure all of you power in your home is okay.  They make a Really good Surge Protector that works if the power drops at the outlet it will keep the voltage up to the proper current for 10 seconds. 

I sure hope you get it figured out.

Best of Luck

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

Most surge protectors only protect against voltage spikes.  Be sure the one you get also protects against power drops (brownouts), too.

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
A good battery backup power supply is always helpful. They can keep you up for usually 2 hours, with the catch that they run about $100-$150

techlogik
Character Actor

First, kill your caps lock for pete's sake!!!

Next, I hear you.  About 6 months ago, my Hopper 3, which is my original after it was upgraded several years back when they first came out will just reboot out of nowhere.  But, on the screen it says something about the hard drive needs to be checked and to wait for 5-10 minutes for it to complete to resume.

Seems like the disk/hardware if failing or something.

About to the point of calling and getting it replaced with a new one, annoying while sitting in the middle of a show, or recording multiple shows during prime time and it does it all the sudden, so much for 10 minutes of those shows you wanted to watch!!

I have a very good surge/battery backup unit connected to this and multiple other devices...I know it isn't the power in my area in a new neighborhood and our power/internet etc...are all rock solid, 2 outages in 2 years.  It is the receiver since that message always appears about the disk needs to be checked.

DISH Employee

I'd be happy to look into this issue with you further, techlogik! Can you send me a Private Message? You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039