HBO and Cinemax Restoration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO and Cinemax Restoration

Stepk321
Character Actor
I can't believe that after all this time HBO and Cinemax have not been restored. It is ridiculous to sign people up with a channel line up and lose HBO which has never been dropped by anyone in 46 years. Been a customer for 20 years. Sad that my only relief is not being charged for what I can't have. May be a new Directv customer soon.
9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: HBO and Cinemax Restoration

baldman1
Visual Engineer

Well reckoning day is coming in about a month when GOT starts to air.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s important to know why it is down. Remember, less than 20% of customers subscribed tin HBO. Until ATT drops the demand for the more than 80% that don’t want it to pay for it, it will be off. Notice how HBOs first blackout coincided with ATT purchasing it(mid 2018). In addition, HBOs CEO of 28 years also resigned because ATT is changing how HBO runs entirely. There were more executives that resigned because of ATT, but the CEO was the top member.

This wasn’t a normal merger resignation.

trackman
Extra

This should have reached the US Supreme Court by now as long as Dish has been without HBO. Why are lawyers involved vs. doing nothing? Will Showtime be eliminated next with horiffic demands? Doing nothing is unacceptable for a long time Dish subscriber. 

tsunami2311
Costume Designer

I guess I will missing last season of GoT due to Dish blaming HBO and HBO blaming Dish, customer suffer in the end and will still get price hike reguardless of out come.

Bevisguy
Extra
Who are they negotiating with, Chuck & Nancy ?? I'm about tired of waiting. I've been a loyal dish customer for more than 20 years & I despise AT&T for strong arming us into switching to direct tv... But there may be no choice in my future.

stormy5
Camera Crew

Other  posters say they don't want to pay for the 20% of us who have HBO to continue to have it.   

Well I don't like paying for ESPN and supplementing the people who watch the sports channel either, but Dish lumps into my package.

I think what the 80% fail to realize is that if the 20% who want HBO leave, their bill will increase as well.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Well, that’s not true. The difference... ESPn is not a PREMIUM channel, and although is one of the most expensive cable channels, it is still less than half the cost of HBO by its self.

Customers leaving wouldn’t raise the rates, as the channel owners are paid on a per subscriber basis(another reason it is strange for a premium to demand a minimum subscriber guarantee). So it won’t actually impact the existing customers as much as you think. That’s how variable costs work. If ATT wants a minimum subscriber guarantee, they can remove their premium status, take half of what they charge(or even more than half) off, and be lumped into programming packages just like the others. They do not get to play the game as an a la carte channel, and reap the guaranteed subscribers.

thaysfam
Extra

Chad, you are the most level headed, knowledgable person out here. Keep chiming in so people know the facts. I've been learning from reading your posts. Thank you!

@Chadt4141 wrote:
Well, that’s not true. The difference... ESPn is not a PREMIUM channel, and although is one of the most expensive cable channels, it is still less than half the cost of HBO by its self.

Customers leaving wouldn’t raise the rates, as the channel owners are paid on a per subscriber basis(another reason it is strange for a premium to demand a minimum subscriber guarantee). So it won’t actually impact the existing customers as much as you think. That’s how variable costs work. If ATT wants a minimum subscriber guarantee, they can remove their premium status, take half of what they charge(or even more than half) off, and be lumped into programming packages just like the others. They do not get to play the game as an a la carte channel, and reap the guaranteed subscribers.

Buffa2017
Extra
Thaysfam I agree with you! Thank you for the information Chad. I decided a couple months ago that when GOT gets down to the last few episodes I will get a subscription online. It costs a little more but I only plan on keeping for that month only! I have Prime, Netflix and Hulu so I rarely watch movies on Dish. I’m proud of Dish for sticking up for their customers. ATT nobody likes a bully!