HBO GONE!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO GONE!

pp1023
Extra

I am a long time DISH customer. I tried replacing HBO with Showtime and Starz but it just doesn't work for me. I am an HBO fan. As an older person I don't care for streaming services. I'm trying to wait this out and remain with DISH but I won't hold out much longer. It's been nearly 4 months!! I am told to look on dish/promise but it hasn't been updated since Dec 18th or so. If you are nearing an aggreement or not myself and every other subscriber has a right to be kept up-to-date. 

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, pp1023. AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would “play fair” when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. Once there is an update on the negotiations that are going on to reach that mutually beneficial agreement to re-obtain HBO and Cinemax, it will be posted on DISHPromise.com.

mchollma
Costume Designer

Customer hostility would go down a lot if Dish would actually gives us some information rather than just whizzing in our ears.  Home much negotiation could possiblity be going on at this point?  Seems like a stand-off of wills to me.  The Dishpromise site is a joke.  Dish is simply insulting its customers at this point.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are giving as much as they are able. Both aTT and Dish had to enter confidentiality agreements about the negotiations. That is why there is limited info. What is known, is ATt is demanding a subscriber guarantee almost double what previously subscribed. That means that non HBO subscribers would be forced to pay for HBO without access to HBO.

mchollma
Costume Designer

That makes zero sense.  If I pay for HBO, I better have access to HBO.  If all subscribers are going to pay for HBO, it should become a part of the every basic package.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

Of course it makes zero sense. That's why DISH is holding firm and not giving in.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Which is why Dish did not take the deal. Because it doesn’t make sense.

mchollma
Costume Designer

So, again, the question is, what further negotiations are there?  Seems like things are stalemated.  AT&T is under no obligation to play fair.  They are the destroyers.  Since they were allowed to get back into the local phone business, prices have done nothing but rise.  I am working right now to eliminate them from that area.  Dish would serve its customers much better, IMO, by just moving on.

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

3 months and counting!!! Really DISH? 20 year customer and wondering why I remain at this point.

DISH Employee

As an HBO user, I know that it's upsetting to be missing your favorite movies and shows. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. We're hoping to reach an agreement soon so that both HBO and Cinemax can be up and running soon. 

I will submit feedback about your concern for HBO onto our Home Office. We believe in being transparent with our customers, which is why we created dishpromise.com. On the website, you can get the latest information on what's happening with your channels, as well as send additional feedback, which is reviewed daily.