HBO GONE!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO GONE!

Becca1979
Extra
Dish did this with AMC right before the Walking Dead premier. They completely got rid of MAVTV, which forced us to have to pay to stream it now, HBO and Cinemax are missing and sources say that Dish removed the programming. Almost 12 years we have stuck with Dish, if HBO and Cinemax are Not back before Game of Thrones returns, I'm done. I will switch to either the local cable provider or DirecTV. They both have MAVTV as well as HBO and Cinemax. It's ridiculous that I pay for specific channels and Dish randomly decides to black out those channels or get rid of them completely. HBO has new movies, Cinemax has new movies, the other pay channels are old movies from the 80s to early 2000s. I already paid for HDNET so exactly what is the benefit for the so called "free preview"? I have no credits for the missing channels. I have checked my bill. This has gotten out of hand Dish. No other provider blacks out channels while throwing a temper tantrum with the Network. Get it together.

DISH Employee

We appreciate your support and are happy to have you be the best part of our DISH family for so many years, Becca1979. While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill. I would be happy to double check on this for your account. If you would like, just send us a Private Message so we can look into that for you. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Highlighted

map1pa
Costume Designer

TOTALLY DISAGREE!   Keep it mind that as time passes....you will be LOSING CUSTOMERS!!...that will never return!   Your job and Dish's future is one the line!!!!!!!!!

mikebigtoe
Character Actor

RobertS that is very untrue. HBO is still sending its signal to Dish. Dish is refuseing to retransmit the signal to its customers. I have been a dish customer for 5 years now and this certianly is NOT the fist time dish has pulled channles to bargin. 3 years ago it was CBS. 2 it was the NFL network. Last year Fox. My contract is up in Feb and believe me I am gone. tired of being caught up in the middle of squabbles. I am a paying customer. I expect to get the service I pay for. 

DISH Employee

Only HBO can remove your access to their content. This agreement could affect future agreements for other channel owners. We have good ratings measurement data and we know what is fair. We know that our customers are counting on us to get these channels back and at a fair rate. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately.

Gvfam001
Character Actor
Dish is completely tone deaf. People love HBO. They are fanatics about the programming. No one loves Dish or any other provider for that matter. Your just another bill to us. We don’t care who’s name is on the bill so as long as your reliable and reasonably priced we don’t ever think about you. Conversely many of us are very loyal to HBO. There is only one of you but several places we can get HBO. In summary people like HBO a lot and are apathetic about there provider. Your not going to win the public over with “sorry HBO pulled their channels” as if Dish had no role in this situation. Both sides must have seen this coming and Dish has more to lose than HBO. I’m sure I’ll always have HBO, but if this isn’t solved by 12/1, I won’t ever have Dish again.

DISH Employee

Gvfam001, I certainly hear where you are coming from and we would hate to see you leave the DISH family. I will be happy to forward this feedback to our Executive Team. Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check how we can help with the inconvenience. Here is a link on how to send a PM: 

ttps://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

mikebigtoe
Character Actor
Wow! KarolenaP that was not the answer I was expecting from a Dish rep. “We have good ratings measurement” pretty much an “F you” if you want to leave us.
I myself am in customer relations. Number one rule is your cutomer is your paycheck do what it takes to retain them. One thing that strikes me odd is the lack of comunication to its HBO customers. Dish right from the start should have email/mailed all of its HBO customers and made us aware that this is going to be happening. This is what we are doing. These are some options that we can offer you in the meantime while we work this out like an alternate premimum channel or a discount in your bill. Not just the offer of “we wont charge you while HBO is off the air”. DUH! Why would you charge me for services that are no longer being rendered.
Dont get me wrong I love dishes services. Love the hopper. But customer relations needs an improvement. Dish must realize that they are NOT the only tv provider for a majority of its customers. I like my HBO and will be looking else where.

DISH Employee

We are always wanting to hear how we can improve our services. This is feedback that we value and I will certainly forward this. I apologize how much this is impacting you. I assure you, we are working on reaching an agreement. While we continue to negotiate with HBO/Cinemax to bring the channels back, we're providing you a free preview of HDNet Movies which showcases the best in box office hits and award-winning films, uncut and commercial free.

PEKOES
Character Actor

paraphrasing the same commercial from Warren Schlichting that has been playing since the blackout on HBO and Cinemax.

HBO and Cinemax are despicable and intentionally hurting small town rural americans the most
Many of you live in rural america and don't have broad band access as those that live in larger cities

So I guess he is telling us larger city folks to pay another online company to get the same access and that we are not as valuable in the DNA of the company. Wow and to think I am a 'medium' city dweller and have paid the same bill as rural Americans for 20+ years. And yes I have other options, other major companys, including online choices but his statement was truly a slap in the face to a long term customer.

Just do us all a favor and update the commercials on both channels with different wording so we all know you are still working on negotiations