HBO GONE!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO GONE!

newman2626
Character Actor

My patience is wearing thin. Been a customer since 2007 of dish. Giving you until the end of the month to get this resovled then I am going elsewhere.

DISH Employee

Hello newman2626, thank you for your patience. Have you left feedback about your concerns here: https://www.mydish.com/promise?

Big_G
Extra

According to the Washington Post, HBO is still sending their signal to Dish while they work out their differences. So why does it say HBO removed their programming. it sounds to me like in this move to negotiate a deal you are using your customers as a pawn. I want my HBO back soon. If I do not get it back in a timely manner I will be cancelling my account as well. its not about the 13.00 as much as the service you agreed to provide when I signed up. 

DISH Employee

Big_G, the fact is, only HBO can remove your access to their content. We are actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately.

I know missing your favorite shows can be frustrating. Please visit https://www.mydish.com/promise. Here you can get the latest information on this negotiation, as well as send additional feedback, which is reviewed daily.

Hopefully, this will be resolved very soon. We appreciate your patience through this unfortunate event.

mchollma
Costume Designer

I agree, Dish could be more up front with us.  As someone who has been paying Dish for over 20 years, this is simply a way that Dish can hide the fact that a price increase is coming, regardless of what happens with HBO.  Why haven't there been updates? HBO is supposedly asking for some kind of subscriber volume commitment.  Is this it?  No room for negotiation?  We have no idea what is going on.  HBO says that Dish pulled the channels, Dish says HBO pulled the channels.  I saw a reply that said only HBO can pull the channels.  This sounds like hogwash to me.  Not charging for HBO during this dark period is not really optional, so why is Dish trying to make us feel like they are going above and beyond?  Apologizing is an insult.  Adding another HD movie channel is an insult.  There are specific HBO series programs that only available on HBO.  To be honest, I have a Roku alternative, but most would not.  It is time for Dish move forward with HBO, 

Highlighted

Vvicki429
Character Actor
I've been a dish customer for over 10 years and I've lost numerous stations but this is to much man! I watch commercials and see the stuff they offer new people that doesn't apply to me because hey they already got me right?!?! Now HBO is gone. I'm tired of this man. I've pay my bill every month I've never been late and now I have to deal with this. Dish doesn't play well with others. Hope you enjoy losing customers because I'm looking elsewhere. Maybe Spectrum. Get rid of satellite altogether.

DISH Employee

Vvicki429, we appreciate you being a member of our family for over 10 years! We would hate to see you leave. I would be more than happy to review your account to see what alternative offers we have available to help ease the frustration of the negotiation process. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account?

TechSavy
Character Actor

Not too difficult to have seen this coming after AT&T bought Time/Warner (who owns DirectTV). Enough subscribers will drop Dish due to AT&T's demands causing the inability for Dish to be self sustaining and this would leave DirectTV as the virtual sole satellite TV provider......that's what AT&T wants and in the current business climate, they will get.

It's NOT about customer satisfaction, subscription credits, the fact that you can't view GofT or ANY corporate customer service response.

It's ALL about the numbers and leverage to increase profit.

AT&T was broken up years ago for doing the VERY SAME THING! Until the anti trust laws are enforced, HBO will NEVER be viewable on Dish due to the fact that AT&T should have been prohibited from purchasing Time/Warner.

I believe the term is entitled "monopoly".

......all about the numbers.

Tags (2)

mel9108
Extra
We’re all being used by DISH

DISH Employee

Hello mel9108. We definitely understand that this dispute has been more than a little frustrating for our members. We have nothing but the best interest for our members, and that's why we're fighting for a fair agreement with HBO.