HBO GONE!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO GONE!

cliffman1000
Character Actor

Really, you'er surprised? Come on...no Lakers, Dodgers, HBO and Cinemax? You've lost the LA market X's 4.

I'll hang for 1 more week, after which I'm done. Sorry!

cliffman1000
Character Actor

Someone lives in a bubble? This is not just about the Game of Thrones, Dish has failed to negociate and offer our local sports teams "Lakers and Dodgers" which to me is more important than a series which is coming to an end! If Dish can't find a way to offer local sports I'm done, the cost and time traveling to local restaurants to whach these games is costing me far more than my monthy Dish subscription. Dish doesn't even offer these channels at any cost! Hate Direct and now have lost faith in Dish, here I come cable.

RatInAcage
Extra
Yeah, I get disconnect notifications for bill not paid in full and still have the HBO, STARS & SHOWTIME billed with the $13 credit. What’s really going on? I’ve been a customer for over 10+ years and seems I don’t have the deals new customers get and got some thrown in ‘premium’ channels that have old regurgitated movies replayed over and over as I am also punished for not having internet service due to a lightening event storm surge that compromised the fiber optics underground 4 years ago, as I was told by a contractor for Century Connect so I pay for The Hopper box, held hostage in seeing Netflix and Utube as inaccessible ‘outlets’ unless I go the expensive route or having only two internet suppliers to choose from. Missed all my programmed recordings and sucks when you work at a hospital and come home to some played out movies on what could be gathered or thrown together for a customer of long standing. Yeah, i’ll Pay my bill and ponder the other 2 premium channels I pay for with no discount for not being able to watch them and I am not a SD channel watcher. Back to Redbox.

DISH Employee

Good morning, RatInAcage! I am sorry to hear that the bill was not what you were expecting. If the bill was created before the credits were applied to the account for HBO/Cinemax, this will cause you not to see the credit until you next months bill. I would love to personally take a look at your bill with you to provide you with peace of mind on these credits.

While reviewing your account with you, I would also love to find you package that includes more of your favorite channels while being kinder to your wallet! 

To access your account, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code. To get step by step instructions on how to send a private message, please click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

JACKETPRIDE
Extra
I agree. If dish doesn’t get this resolved soon we will be forced to switch to DirectTV and I’ve been a dish subscriber for 25 or more years!

DISH Employee

We would be sad to see you leave our DISH family due to this situation, JACKETPRIDE! We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately.

Highlighted

moo
Character Actor

Dish.  I undertand you "are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement."  Exactly what are you doing to work hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?  What did you do today to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?  What are you planning to do tomorrow to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?  Are you really working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?  Are people working late to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?

How about you send your customers a daily update e-mail about what you have done today to work hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.  If you really do care about your customers money, perhaps you could let us know what you are planning to do tomorrow and this week to work hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

Are you going to take Thanksgiving off or are you going to work hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement?  Please let us know what is being done to reach a mutually beneficial agreement, because, to be quite honest, this "working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement" statement means nothing.  We are your customers.  Treat us like it.  

I am losing faith in this service, and I seem to not be alone.  I understand there is a dispute, but you could work hard to keep your customers informed.  We have a lot more options as consumers these days.  This is how you lose customers.  Do not dismiss us or ignore us.  Communicate with us and we might stick with you.  This is a great opportunity to work hard to improve your customer service.

DISH Employee

Negotiations do take time and it may seem slow goings for a bit, but when updates are made, we will have that information available. Being as it is an active discussion with HBO, there are pending actions that we will be taking when we are working through these talks. 

We definitely appreciate your patience during this time. Missing your favorite channels is never any fun. We certainly get it, we are missing HBO too and its one of our favorite channels to watch at home! We hear your concerns and we are certainly not ignoring them. We take your feedback and concerns very seriously. It is why we created DISHPromise.com so that you have an avenue to let your voices be heard and to keep up with the updates when we have them. 

carlsalonen
Character Actor

Caleb, I'd like to add my voice to the long time customers of DISH who are frustrated. At one location or another, I have been a customer of DISH since the early 1990s.

I stick by you guys despite losing all my local sports (SNY, MSG, YES) and often some of my favorite basic channels because I understand you are trying to negotiate the best deals for us, but if we're permanently losing programming left and right, how is that "making a deal" at all? You want to keep prices down and that's great but right now, with HBO missing, with my NY sports teams missing, I might as well go back to rabbit ear antennae and pay nothing.

But hey! On the bright side, I can still watch cattle auctions in Hi-Def, right? 

DISH Employee

Hello Carlsalonen, thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. I will definitely pass this along. 

I know that to no longer have one of your favorite channels available is very frustrating, we thank you for your loyalty and patience. We understand how this unfortunate event has impacted our customers, and we working to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels.

Hopefully, unfortunate event will be resolved soon!