Google voice search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google voice search

Lukilar
Character Actor
Yes I'm having trouble also. The first time I used it, it would operate my smart lights. Not anymore now I get alot oops now.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hi Lukilar! I hate to hear that you aren't able to use the Google Assistant to full use. Let's go ahead and check that out. 

Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so that we can take a look?

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is evasion of your privacy..   It's collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most unware Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Dont do it!  

DISH Employee

kirkelli, the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to are the same ones presented when you sign up for a free Gmail account. The speech recognition on your Dish Voice Remote with the Google Assistant will never be activated without you holding the voice button on your remote. If you sync your existing Google account you can adjust your privacy settings. In your Google account you can adjust or disable your web and app activity, device information, Youtube history and much more.

GPH1134
Audio Engineer

Any updates of when Dish Network Corporation (DNC) will allow us to use the voice remote without Google Assistant?  Ever since DNC took this service away from us, we have not been compensated or given any real reason why they went from an operational good voice-activated remote, to a defective YouTube remote.

Supposedly our concerns have been upwardly reported to management, but we only get Jason replies.  Hey Jason, how about posting something here from corporate (DNC).  Millions of us yell F-Google.  DNC knew this.  DNC forced this on us without notification.  DNC knows that GOOG takes our privacy with $$$ return.  DNC does not care about Y O U.

F-GA!  F-GOOGLE!