Google voice search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google voice search

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

My system just updated to include Google. There appears to be a response issue and lag if Google answers at all. Is this a simple case of Google learning commands or is the Hopper 3 just not up to the task? I think it would be a great feature if it was more stable. Anyone else having these issues?

14 Replies

Re: Google voice search

bobC
Audio Engineer

@Dpro40 wrote:

My system just updated to include Google. There appears to be a response issue and lag if Google answers at all. Is this a simple case of Google learning commands or is the Hopper 3 just not up to the task? I think it would be a great feature if it was more stable. Anyone else having these issues?

Mine did also and the issue I have is, if I don't want to use Google Assistant then I have no voice search funtionality at all. Users/customers should have the option of either having Google Assistant installed or not. Based on the fact that the rollout of Google Assistant was done piecemeal indicates that the old and the new systems can coexist.

I strongly prefer the old voice search and would like to get it back.

Someone from DISH please respond/advise.

treasuredphotos
Costume Designer

I agree, how can I go back to  what worked before.  I do not want to buy a Google Assistant unless Dish is going to give it FREE.  Everything worked fine before Dish changed it.  I will not type in a search.

How can I revert to what we had before someone decided to do this update?

MrsGriff
Camera Crew

I spent 2 hours of my weekend trying to get an answer to why I can't have the voice search without linking to Google.  Apparently this is something Dish has screwed us out of.   I don't want to give google access!  I want the features I signed up for!

Incidentally, one of the Dish reps tried to tell me this is the first they've heard any complaints.  However, a simple internet search will take you to MANY blogs with folds upset about this.   I plan to take my business elsewhere.

Shel
Camera Crew

Mrs. Griff wrote, "I spent 2 hours of my weekend trying to get an answer to why I can't have the voice search without linking to Google.  Apparently this is something Dish has screwed us out of.   I don't want to give google access!  I want the features I signed up for!"

I completely agree with you, Mrs. Griff, and couldn't have worded the complaint any better. Thank you.

Highlighted

702steelersfan
Camera Crew

Seems like they replaced software that searched the guide for what you wanted to watch with software that searches the internet for youtube videos. Seems like an odd choice for a service based on tv viewing. This change is unwanted and obviously irritating viewers. I don’t want to be the “I’m canceling my contract over this” guy, but this is the latest annoyance with the hopper in a long line of annoyances and compromises. PlayStation Vue is looking good again...

DISH Employee

Good afternoon! We appreciate all of the feedback and it has been submitted to our back office on everyone's behalf. This is a software update and we have partnered with Google to release a new and upgraded version of the voice search. To be able to take advantage of this free and amazing feature, we do ask that you accept Google's terms and conditions. However, you are not required to make a Google account or sign in with a Google account to use the feature once the terms and conditions are accepted.

Tray
Character Actor
I don't need Google assistance. Voice Search worked perfectly without Google. I have no need for this. There should definitely be an option to use Google assistant or use the original dish search. Deal Breaker.

Tray
Character Actor
Also I don't have to sign into Google because dish will send them my email and info. Not good.

DISH Employee

Hello Tray, We partnered with Google because they take privacy concerns as seriously as we do here at DISH.
 Their platform allowed us the best technology, quickly and safely.