Google remote is awful at voice recognition previous search was so much better

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Google remote is awful at voice recognition previous search was so much better

Please stop using Google assistant is awful the previous search engine works so much better I am so disappointed I’ve been a dish customer for 17 years
7 Replies

Re: Google remote is awful at voice recognition previous search was so much better

peggyrh
Casting Director

Dish reps already said voice search was not reverting back to the previous version.

Re: Google remote is awful at voice recognition previous search was so much better

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Some of the Changes Dish makes are definitely not for the better, but they just refuse to go back.

Changing to this forium and dropping the old one is just one example.

Once they make the change they just stick their heads in the ground and refuse to see how bad their decision is.

DISH Employee

We partnered with Google because they take privacy concerns as seriously as we do here at DISH. Their platform allowed us the best technology, quickly and safely. We do however appreciate your feedback. 

Genes33
Camera Crew

they never said it was a privacy issue.  that is most customers concern but the largest problem with the google assistant intergration is that say I want to see an NFL game so I state as I use to with the old voice commands show me the NFL game and the voice remote showed all the channels that had games on it and I choose one.  nowwith the Google assistant you ask that exact same question the same way and what we get as a customer is a bunch of youtube video links and when we tell the google assistant that it is wrong it trys again and this time it shows us the Wikipedia page for the NFL again the customer tells the google assistant it is wrong and rinse repeat it never show the Dish Network Guide and the channels that the NFL or what ever term searched for. this is just plain poor customer service we as customers have a high expectation when it comes to DISH network and in recent years that trust has been beaten down and this for most was the last straw.  on the other hand most of us already know that google only really cares about the advertising money it can make from any of its endevors and you at DISH network should have already known that as well.

DISH Employee

Hey Genes33, have you tried saying "on DISH" after what you're looking for? This helps refine the search. 

DN
Character Actor

Google takes privacy seriously?????? Really. Want to buy a bridge ?

Genes33
Camera Crew
The point is that the way all the customers use the voice search is the way we use to. I have stopped using the voice remote on any of my boxes except for my super Joey's because I bought them and they do not use google for a voice search