Goggle assistant Sucks on remote

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goggle assistant Sucks on remote

EdGianini
Costume Designer

Dish changed the remote on one of there updates about 3 weeks ago added PC CRAP goggle assistant, Before they added that spy network to the Hoper 3, we were able to ask -(  as example ) what channel is Dr Oz on?  it would pop up and show you.. NOW it takes you to YOU YUBE or WIkI?? ---WTF ??-- Try asking turn on NASCAR RACE-- it takes you to YOU TUBE or some history of NASCAR-- TRY Asking ( What MLB games are on today ) it takes you to You TUBE-- IT NEVER worked that way before.. DISH says we can disarm goggle assistant but the Voice wont work no more.. Dish sold our information to Goggle and goggle is stealing our informtion ( nothing new about that )  Congress MUST regulate how Goggle operates RICO ACT law-- includes Dish and Goggle.  OR allow users to opt out of being spyed on and make the remote like it was before Dish sold us out.

8 Replies

Re: Goggle assistant Sucks on remote

DISH Employee

We have listened to the feedback of our customers, and because of that, we have integrated the Google Assistant with our receivers. You would still have the commands like changing channels and searching for content.

However, we know that Google Assistant isn't for everyone therefore if you do not agree to the terms and conditions for the Google Assistant, you still have the text search feature available.

You can check out this link to see all of the commands that you can use: https://my.dish.com/voice-remote

Maximadad
Extra
Right, it is highly ineffective, Rarely does it locate programs. The prior option worked much more effectively.

Maximadad
Extra
Weak answer. Text search is worthless.

davehul
Costume Designer

I agree completely that google assistant was/is a big step backwards.    Trying to locate my college football game reciting the name of the school takes me to wikipedia.   rediculous.   it worked fine before.  Google should allow users to choose between google assistant or the old voice command.  OR allow us to turn off certain search parameters,  like listing where it searches.  ie:  guide, on demand, youtube, dvr recordings, etc.     

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is an evasion of your privacy..Don't let Dish tell you otherwise, as they will try!    Google Assistant collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service which i was paying for, and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy isues..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via their partnership with Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most 'unware' Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Don't do it!  And voice your concern to Dish... Remimber, DO NO LET DISH TELL YOU YOUR DATA IS PRIVATE..  Read Google Terms of servie and you will learn otherwise  

GPH1134
Audio Engineer

Any updates of when Dish Network Corporation (DNC) will allow us to use the voice remote without Google Assistant?  Ever since DNC took this service away from us, we have not been compensated or given any real reason why they went from an operational good voice-activated remote, to a defective YouTube remote.

Supposedly our concerns have been upwardly reported to management, but we only get Jason replies.  Hey Jason, how about posting something here from corporate (DNC).  Millions of us yell F-Google.  DNC knew this.  DNC forced this on us without notification.  DNC knows that GOOG takes our privacy with $$$ return.  DNC does not care about Y O U.

Jmikell
Audio Engineer

I have had my Dish system for about 5 weeks now, and i totally agree, the voice search rarely works, typically i just get an error, and when you get an error, it will not work if you try 100 times, you can come back later and try again and it might work. I have concluded it is a useless feature, and i aggree with others, Google cannot be trusted, they are getting free info on the user, and Dish does not have to do the work for voice response, what a non-consumer friendly trade off. You missed the mark on this Dish, I see no value in the voice search, like my personal list, it does not work.

DISH Employee

Hello Jmikell, I am saddened to hear you are having problems with your remote. I want to help get this resolved as soon as possible. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account?