Gift Card deception

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift Card deception

I received a $300 gift card from Dish Network 6 months and twenty days ago. I saved it for my son's graduation present, since gift cards are now covered by a federal law that makes it illegal to have an expiration date and/or honor an expiration date we both thought it would be fine. It now doesn't work. I've been told by DISH that it doesn't work because it "expired" 20 days ago. That its technically not a gift card instead that its a "promotional"card and so no longer good. Even though all over your website in every deal you offer its referred to as a gift card and it's referred to as such in your conversations written by your CSR's in the MyDish Community pages.

This is clearly a misleading workaround move to avoid paying what you offered. I want what Dish Network promised me so I can give it to my son. You're not out anything by giving me back what I already had. If this isn't made right I will continue posting on every single website I can find every single day to warn others away from your deceptive business practices.

6 Replies

Re: Gift Card deception

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Everything I have read is only if the card is purchased. This is not purchased so the CARD act of 2009 does not apply.

DISH Employee

Hey, Bookedup2go11! Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to look into this further? 

I haven’t received mine Nd I can’t locate the card with the number on it. They won’t honor it without that confirmation number. I gave it when I called to set up service.

DISH Employee

Debitaylor1955, can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to review your account further? 

Mromans
Extra
The same thing happened to me I was saving it for an emergency and now it doesn't work. Did you get this resolved?

DISH Employee

Mromans, I would be more than happy to review your account. Please send a Private Message with your account number and 4 digit PIN so that I can access and review your account.