Fox Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sports

WhyMeLord
Extra

Sort of odd that I am posting this, since I doubt DISH is tuned in.

But here goes:  the ONLY thing we watch during baseball season is baseball.

So it was indeed a CRUEL JOKE to become NEW DISH customers only to have Braves baseball ripped from the programming 5 weeks after we signed up. YAY us.

Really glad that 'big FOX' is back, but seriously... We are paying another $50/month Hulu LIVE to get the dang Fox Sports Atlanta Braves Chip, Tom and Jeff show until the season ends.

On a side note, who designed your user interface?  It's the most counter intuitive remote control/DVR setup imaginable!!!

9 Replies

Re: Fox Sports

DISH Employee

Hello WhyMeLord. I know having a channel taken down due to a dispute is definitely pretty frustrating, and we certainly don't want to start off on the wrong foot like this. We never want our members to go without the channels they love, which is why the majority of the time, we do resolve this dispute before they even get to the point of a takedown. What happened with FOX Regional Sports, is that they are asking for an unreasonable price increase by asking subscribers to pay for channels that they may not receive. We even made every attempt to extend the contract in an effort to quickly negotiate a fair, long-term deal for our customers, not one that puts customers in the middle again.

While I know this is extremely disappointing, we are still working with the FOX Regional Sports to reach a fair agreement for the return of their channels, which they removed.

We certainly want our user interface to be something that is enjoyed by all of our valued members. Can you tell me which parts that you're not liking, and I would be happy to see how I can help with that.

Alphabeta22
Extra

Hockey starts in a few weeks...and if its not solved by then, besides the baseball crowd, and whole news hoard of hockey fans will be leaving in droves also. We will be one of them. I dont think they care one bit. You get the exact same response on here as the response on the fox sports channel. They couldnt care less. Its all about $$$$$$$$ not customers. YouTube TV is looking like a serious replacement right now.

KELLYTOWNSEL
Extra

Same case with us. My husband had a LENGTHY discussion with the salesman on the phone when he made the switch. The salesman told him that he was a big Braves fan too and that he assured him he would have the FSS Network. Not one time did he tell him there were any negotiations going on. We had FSS 1 night after making the switch and then NOTHING. 

I feel like we were greatly misled when making the switch. Now, we are stuck in a contract for 23 more months! 

Lesson learned. We will be switching as soon as possible.

DISH Employee

We at DISH know that it is very frustrating to go without your favorite TV. That is why we are actively fighting on your behalf to bring back the TV you love, while keeping prices low. As of Friday, August 23, the FOX Regional Sports Networks were sold from The Walt Disney Company to Sinclair Broadcast Group for a total value of $10.6 billion. At DISH we are eager to accept a fair deal to bring these channels back. We are open to working with Sinclair, as the new owner of the FOX Regional Sports Networks, to reach an agreement that benefits all.

keith1
Camera Crew

How about this WhyMelLord,

I have two MLB teams I like which are the Cardinals and the Braves. I had Direct TV and was tired of paying AT&T's rising prices on a set priced contract. Two weeks ago I was on Dishes website looking at the package channel line ups and FSMW, FSS, FSSE  were all available. Yesterday I had Dish installed and kicked Direct TV out the door. To my surprise, I learned that FSMW, FSS, FSSE were not available on Dish due to contract disputes. Dish still hasn't updated their package channel line ups on their website. False advertisement, it could be, but the simple fact is I never would have changed providers if would have known I couldn't watch the Cardinals, Blues, and Braves. If there is anything positive about this issue, I finally get a chance to "see" the Cardinals and the Braves back in the playoffs. Congratulations Braves and Cardinals. Right now its looking like the Cardinals and Braves head to head and that could change, but whomever prevails, I hope one of these teams kicks the **** out of the Doggggers.

Character Actor

When are we going to be reimbursed for loss of this programming?

DISH Employee

Hello, 327637! We would be more than happy to take a look into what options we have available for you. Will you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account?

Rbi
Extra
Its been over a frickig year for NO fssw..Havent been able to watch local teams. Fix it or come to an agreement now

DISH Employee

We are disappointed to see FOX Regional Sports Networks put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup.