Fox Sports North

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fox Sports North

flyrite
Extra

My suggestion to Dish, if you want to save money so you can afford to pay for the Fox regionals, how about eliminating the 75% of channels no one watches? I would think there is a majority of Dish subscribers who signed up for Dish in order to watch their local teams, just like me. I have reiterated to Dish reps several times that not having local sports is a no go for me. The only reason I have not yet cancelled and switched is not having the time yet to be home and deal with the hassle of canceling and setting up a new service. I waited out the end of the Brewers season with no ability to watch my team. Luckily when they made the playoffs I could watch on regular cable channels. Now that my beloved Bucks (probable NBA finalists) have started the season Iam still not able to watch. I will be canceling shortly. I have loved Dish up to this point, but this is a deal breaker for me. Looks like I will be going to a streaming service as Direct tv is a non starter (terrible option) in my opinion.

flyrite
Extra

To add to my above post......Dish you are going to negotiate your way right out of business 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
How many people do you think were watching FS RSNs before? They have the exact number of their customers. You may be gone, but the larger majority will end up reaping the benefits of not paying for expensive sports for a loud minority.

flyrite
Extra

That’s fine, you keep paying $100+ for the likes of HGTV, CMT, NICK, etc.... I’ll being paying half that to get the stations I need plus my local sports. Like I said, I have been a huge fan and long time subscriber of Dish, but this is the deal breaker.

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That was already expected. That is why they are looking at a price decrease in January. Like said, they know exactly how many people watched each channel and for exactly how long.

Dmccorm663
Extra
Cut off FSN. Continue to charge for it. Use additional revenue to fund phone initiative. If people get too upset return FOX to them so we look like we are trying. Hmmmm. Sounds like a plan.

Mike2
Character Actor
Dish network. Long-standing contract dispute equals corporate greed. Do your job and provide the service you promise to.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are providing the service they promised.

Mike2
Character Actor
Fsn was in the lineup when I signed on so they aren’t providing the service they promised. I have about 80 other channels that could disappear and I wouldn’t waste your or my time in a superfluous back and forth. There again, they wouldn’t be providing what they promised.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It may have been there when you signed up, however when you signed up, you agreed to channels packages being changed and not expecting any compensation. They are literally giving what they promised and that you agreed to.

From your agreement.

H. Changes in Services, Features and Functionalities Offered. We have the right to, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (i) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (ii) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities. In the event that we add, alter and/or change any prices, fees and/or charges, then you agree to pay such added, altered, and/or changed prices, fees and/or charges. In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities.