Fox Sports North

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sports North

ltcustomer
Character Actor

As a long time customer of Dish I have lost count the number of times you lose channels during the contract negotiations.  Of course everytime Dish indicates they are doing this to save us money.   The bottom line is I expect Dish to negotiate a contract without me losing services that I am paying to receive.  Obiviously all your customers want the  channels they have by paying to watch.   I want Dish to settle its contract with Fox Sports.   Or you will lose customers.  There are too many options out there now for you to continue to use this tacit.   It also seems that you can not afford to lose long time customers as most of your currect advertising is "Refer a Friend" which tells me you need more customers.   I think you should concentrate on keeping the ones you have happy now!   Make a deal with Fox Sports.   I do not do this again!

27 Replies

Re: Fox Sports North

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

I know. Isn’t it rich that we lose Channels but it benefits us somehow. Something stinks about this. You would think a multiple billion dollar a year corporation could hire a compent negotiating team as opposed to planting their shills on a message board to convience us were all idiots. I guess it cheaper than paying attorneys.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
When you quite “MultiBillion Dollar company”.... it’s important to know that is revenue, not profit. They make about $11 per subscriber per month currently, in profit, or about 10%. The increases you see are for the natural increase in costs of channels, but if you watch the competition at the same time, their increase are significantly more. For instance, Directv increase was $8-$16 this last year... Dish was $5 on most packages and reductions on some packages. It is because of these negotiations. There is no planting of shills, we are all customers alike, however some of us have extensive backgrounds in the industry and do follow their financials postings each quarter(same with the competition). If you want to “take the shill” out of it, visit the Satellite Guys Page, and you’ll get more responses from more enthusiasts that have decades of experience in the industry.

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

@Chadt4141 wrote:
When you quite “MultiBillion Dollar company”.... it’s important to know that is revenue, not profit. They make about $11 per subscriber per month currently, in profit, or about 10%. The increases you see are for the natural increase in costs of channels, but if you watch the competition at the same time, their increase are significantly more. For instance, Directv increase was $8-$16 this last year... Dish was $5 on most packages and reductions on some packages. It is because of these negotiations. There is no planting of shills, we are all customers alike, however some of us have extensive backgrounds in the industry and do follow their financials postings each quarter(same with the competition). If you want to “take the shill” out of it, visit the Satellite Guys Page, and you’ll get more responses from more enthusiasts that have decades of experience in the industry.

Dedicated.....I’ll give you that. 

Highlighted

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

Don't expect Fox Sports to return to Dish anytime soon, if ever.  The link below was in today's local nespaper but it is about Fox Sports and Dish.

Cardinals remain off Dish Network and Sling. Could it be permanent?

From the article:

Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen, who spoke this week on a conference call with financial analysts and reporters, had a gloomy outlook for those hoping for a quick return of FSM and similar networks in other markets. He said their asking price now is too much.

"It doesn’t look good that the regional sports will ever be on Dish again,” he said on the call as reported by the trade publication Ad Age (ttps://tinyurl.com/y67py792). “The frustrating thing is, they are not very good economic deals for us. We have real data that tells us that the channels are overpriced.”

DISH Employee

Good morning, Roadijeff! DISH has made every attempt to extend the contract in an effort to quickly negotiate a fair, long-term deal for our customers, not one that puts customers in the middle again.

geric340
Character Actor

I totally agree, enough of the let the customer go without, until we collect enough to pay for the raise in cost. I signed a two year contract with dish, because they had FSN in high def.  Now I can’t even watch the games.  These games are far more important to me than their sit back and see what happens with fsn.  Dish won’t allow me out of my contract until 2 years up in May. They act like the babies we elected to the House of Representatives.  My way or no way!  Let’s get some negotiations done!  I want what I pay for!

TV
Extra

I agree with you. When you call and discuss it with them, all they will say is we understand, but we want what is best for our customers. However, they have not ever asked me what is best, they just tell me. Also, when you discuss the channels that are included in your plan, they say well it's in writing that these are subject to change. Not sure how losing channels consistently keeps your business moving forward? Negotiations are a two way street and this company thinks they can drive the wrong way down a one way street. The CEO doesn't care about the consumer and is only worried about proving a point. It won't be long and at this rate Sling will be the dominant company in the Dish/Sling family. They have offered many channels and options "free" to me for the next year, which is remarkably funny, because the channels they offer you for free to replace the Fox Sports channels, just has those games blocked out on them and they know it. I really am getting to the point that I do not care about the early termination fees. Before long that will be the only and last collection of money they are going to get, especially when they file bankruptcy. Just a matter of time. Worst customer service/appreciation that I have ever seen. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone! 

DISH Employee

Hello there, TV. Unfortunately, disputes between pay-tv providers and channel owners are not uncommon. All pay-tv providers face disputes with channel owners. It is frustrating to be without your favorite channels, but we do want to be able to provide these channels at a pricing all of our customers can afford. 

We would be sad to see you leave the DISH family while we are fighting to get these channels back for you as quickly as we can. We do appreciate you hanging in there with us while we work to restore these channels. 

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about these concerns. The voice of the customer is so important for us to become the best in the industry and how we can improve for you.

Danny
Character Actor

I am giving Dish until the NBA season starts.  No Fox sports then no Dish, Hello Spectrum with no cancellation fee.