Fox Regional Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Regional Sports

ATLBRAFAN
Character Actor

Dish could care less about the customers, I am a dish dealer and have been for 25 years, its all about money, Dish would have you believe they have your best interest at heart which couldn't be further from the truth! First they cut off channels that are included and you are paying for in the AT120 Plus and higher, you are paying 6-8 dollars a month as part of your package for the regional sports channels, now dish has removed those channels yet they have not reduced your monthly bill at all! So that means dish is raking in an additional 70-80 Million dollars a month that is free money to dish because they are not paying for those channels that you are being charged for! I have recommended to dish to treat the sports channels like premum channels (HBO SHOWTIME ECT!!) and let the customers chhose to add these channels for an additonal monthly fee and they never responded! With all the contract disputes dish has going on right now I am telling potential customers that if you like QVC, HSN and the hopper channel then dish is for you, but if you want to watch anything else I reccommend a different provider!

10 Replies

Re: Fox Regional Sports

lhoy68
Character Actor

Couldn't agree more!! I went in to get DISH and specificallly stated FoxSW was one of the major reasons I wanted it.

Garywally57
Camera Crew

I totaly agree. I just got suckered into Dish this past June. I had Direct Tv and was very happy with what I had. I had a 3rd party seller for Dish ( I didn't know it at the time) show up one Saturday and said that I would keep all of the same channels that I was currently getting with Direct which is false, new updated equipment that would never lose signal due to weather which is false, a much lower rate than I was paying with Direct and a $300 gift card. Now we haven't been getting Fox Regional Sports for almost 2 months. We are seniors and were lied to and taken advantage of. When my contract ends, if not before (even if I have to pay the $20 month termination charge) I will NEVER have Dish or recommend it to anyone. My cable company that is locally owned hasn't dropped CBS and Fox Sports at any time or raised prices since Dish dropped those channels from customers who are paying for them.

alamokid
Character Actor

They are all terrible. Had local cable company and half the time they were down. Always calling to get credit. Directv was great until att took them over. Now I have dish not much better. I have just gotten to the point that no matter who you have you have problems

sunnnshin
Extra
They claim the channels cost too much. So where’s our reduced pricing for taking it away?

DISH Employee

Hey, sunnnshin. We would be more than happy to review your account and see what we can do for you. Please feel free to send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account. 

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

pvsurfer
Character Actor

I'm a also a sports enthusiast like I suppose most of you are here.   As a result of Dish's dispute with Fox I was locked out of my Regional Sports throughout Sept. 2019 and then I was really pissed-off when I had to miss all of the AL playoff games!   Frankly, I wouldn't be satisfied with a refund for not receiving those channels; I want Fox Regional Sports (available from just about every other provider) and since I am month-to-month it will be time to say goodbye to Dish in 2020.

DISH Employee

Hello there, pvsurfer. We are still working to get these channels back as soon as we can. We recommend checking out DISHpromise.com to submit further feedback to DISH channel advocates who are the ones fighting to restore these channels for you, as well as get in touch with your affected channel stations to let them know you have spoken to DISH already and you would like to see a resolution. We need your voice to help us get these channels back for you.

pvsurfer
Character Actor

Jasonl, 

For whatever reason I'm unable to leave feedback on DISHpromise.com.   But then again I really don't believe it would do any good as I have already voiced my displeasure (re this matter) on several occaisions directly to Dish.  So here's where I stand:

- Fox Regional Sports was part of the AT120+ I signed-up for (and for which I've been paying).

- As of Jan 2020 it will be 5 months that those channels have been unavailable to me (without receiving any compensation).

- If this is not resolved before my Feb 2020 billing period I'll be saying goodbye to Dish (regardless of any compensation offer).  

Regards,

pvsurfer

sunnnshin
Extra

Agree  I've given up. I would have been happy to purchase a package separately for regional sports. Since these were originally part of the lineup I was paying for, that package price should have dropped.  It has not.

I will be cancelling before my next billing date.  Every other option out there is less expensive and easier to use.