FOX

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOX

msjakes04
Character Actor

It NEVER fails...if there is something big coming on a certain station/channel then all of a sudden Dish decides it needs a price war with someone.  Direct TV also did this.

Do the two satellite companies not have enough subscribers who pay an arm and leg for YOUR services? I think with all the subscribers have you should be able to handle the price increase or whatever the demand is so that YOU, Dish (or the other one) WILL NOT have to interrupt our service! 

15 Replies

Re: FOX

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The costs are variable, which means that it goes up for each subscriber. The number of customers doesn’t mean anything, as each customer causes a price increase. Their costs go up, yours go up.

It’s important to know that the channel owners set the contract expiration dates purposefully. They do this to be strategic to play a victim and make you contact the provider and literally demand to be charged more. You’re used as a pawn, by the channel owner, and you’re falling right into their trap. Pay TV is the only industry where their customers literally beg the company to charge them more.

tiffany762000
Character Actor
I agree. This is exactly why people are going to Hulu and YouTube tv. I will be the next one cutting the cord. I've been using YouTube tv for my free trial to watch Fox and for half the price I get all the channels I need and unlimited cloud space to record shows. Good-bye Dish!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Historically and statistically, people would be going to the largest and fastest growing streaming service. That would be SlingTV. A Dish product.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Be aware Sling does not offer fox sports like dish, Hulu and YouTube does.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

If you compare the streaming services, Sling is by far NOT the best streaming service.  It does not have the DVR capabilities nor channel support of other streaming services.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
SlingTV has DVr

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
They do Not have fox regionals like Dish does not have them now! So Hulu , YouTube and fubo does have fox regionals

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Fubo dropped the Fox RSNs as well.
Highlighted

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
My bad, at least Hulu And YouTube has it ! Been watching all my games on Hulu. So I have to drop one provider, which will be Dish!