External Hard Drive - Attention 852

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Hard Drive - Attention 852

PCHearn
Costume Designer

I have an old Hopper that works OK most of the time.  I also have a Dish-recommended external hard drive connected to the Hopper.  It works OK most of the time.  My question is about an Attention 852 pop-up message that I get every time I turn my TV and Dish box on.  It says You have connected a multimedia device to the USB port: "External Device 1" and has an OK button.  It requires me to press the Select button on the remote to continue.  Is there a way I can keep from having to go through this Attention pop-up every time I turn my TV on?  It's not a big deal, but it is irritating to have to do this over, and over, and over again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: External Hard Drive - Attention 852

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Don’t want to be the one giving bad news, but that message pops up anytime a new device is recognized. Similar to a computer, so preventing it, based on the operation of a satellite receiver, about 99.9% likely not to be possible.
6 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Don’t want to be the one giving bad news, but that message pops up anytime a new device is recognized. Similar to a computer, so preventing it, based on the operation of a satellite receiver, about 99.9% likely not to be possible.

PCHearn
Costume Designer

Chadt4141  -  You really seem like you know virtually everything there is to know about Dish.  There's no BUT here.  You really do.  And I think that's cool.  Are you saying that every Dish customer who has an external hard drive connected has to deal with that 852 pop-up every time they turn on their TV?  Always and forever?  

On a PC, after the first time you connect a new USB device, it no longer says connecting to a new device (or something like the 852 pop-up) every time you turn on your PC.  Are you sure this is how DISH is designed to handle the external hard drive every time people turn on their TVs? 

Do you have an external hard drive hooked up to your Dish box?  If so, do you get this 852 pop-up every time you turn on your TV?  Again, thank you for all the great answers you provide to the Dish community.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Been that way through my last 4 Dish receivers, that's the way it's supposed to work. If you only connect the ext HD when you actually want to use it you won't constantly get the message.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I have to agree with peggy... I currently do not have an eHd connected, since my wife and I do not watch enough to justify anymore, but I have used it on everybreceiver I have had.

PCHearn
Costume Designer

Okie Dokie.  It's not the answer I wanted to hear, but it is what it is.  Thanks for letting me know.

I suddenly started having this problem, without any problems for the last couple of years. So, this is not always the case. Something has changed.