cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enough

Sharon
Extra

DOk, first Dish takes away HBO now ABC. Come on Dish, do not tell me you are not making a profit. The dedicated customers need a little loyalty from our provider.  Come on think of your customers first. Without us there would be no Dish. If you keep taking away channels you are breaking our bilateral contract. Dish is no longer providing the services signed for on our contract.  Keep that in mind while negotiating. Bring back HBO and keep ABC. 

3 Replies

Re: Enough

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dish never contractually agreed to provide any specific channel. It says so in the contract.

Copsrus
Extra

Dish makes in the billions off of it's customers each year, we are loosing 2 of our network channels over a squabble and an extention.  Dish does not care about it's customers or loyalty to us.  Several of the shows I watch regularly are on those 2 network channels.  

The last time we lost network channels I switched to direct tv, I am going to call them to see what they can offer me.  I can pay my 1300.00 a year to someone else, when I signed up it was for certain channels and if they can't fulfill their contract I should not be expected to either.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Again, the contract explicitly says that no channel is guaranteed and can be dropped at any time. So they are actually fulfilling their contract.

That said, they may have revenues in the Billions, but make less than $1B annually in profit. Those are two different things. That money,... it goes to the channel owners mostly, so when they increase their rates, the only choice is to fight, or lose more customers from raising rates. Channel take downs is not the number one complaint with PayTV... pricing is.