Dropped timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped timer

Lolly
Extra
I have a timer set to record the Today Show on NBC at 6-8am. I check it when I go to bed and everything looks fine. When I wake up to watch it hasn't record and it disappeared off the schedule but it's still listed in the timers. I've been watching it this way for years. This disappearin act just started a week ago. All my other timers are recording fine. Help!
8 Replies

Re: Dropped timer

DISH Employee

Hello Lolly, I am sorry to hear that your program did not record. When you go into the schedule, on the right hand side, so you see anything listed that says why the program did not record?

Tags (1)

PatriciaC
Character Actor

I am having the same problem recording The Today Show, for about a week now.  I even tried a manual timer but that doesn't work either. Lolly descibes the problem exactly.  No reason is given for it being skipped as it doesn't appear  in the schedule, like the timer doesn't exist at all.

DISH Employee

Is the recording in question showing up in the Timers? And do you have it set to record only new or both rerun and new?

PatriciaC
Character Actor

If I look to see the schedule for the timer it will look fine for a while, then later the same day I will look and the  schedule is blank.  I have set it to record new and rerun shows.  The timer still exists, it just doesn't work at all.

DISH Employee

If you go into the timer, do you see the event that you set, or is it gone from that area as well?

PatriciaC
Character Actor

Initially, and for a while the timer looks normal, I can see the event(s) scheduled, but later it will be blank.

Tags (1)

Lolly
Extra
Yesterday I went in and set it to record new and reruns and set it to priority 1. Before everything would disappear from everywhere. I checked it before going to bed last night and it was still there. This morning it worked! I just checked the schedule now and the timers and it's still there. I have no idea what was going on because I have been recording the Today show for years. And it was weird that all my other shows were fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's there in the morning. I live in a rural area and it's the best way to get the news in the morning.

AZ
Audio Engineer

I have the same ongoing issue with some DVR recordings not showing up until the next day unless I reset the Hopper.

For those of you still having issues with certain timers/recordings, try unplugging your Hopper, waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.  Can you play your recording now?  If so, you at least know how you can get to your recording when you want to, but I also acknowledge that it is not working properly.  I don't reset my Hopper when anything is currently recording (which is almost all of the time).  If other family members are watching TV in other rooms, I also have to wait to reset the Hopper.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has DVR recordings record, but not show for replay until the next day!