Dishanywhere returns message "failed to set recording." What does this mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dishanywhere returns message "failed to set recording." What does this mean?

When I try to record some programs on Dish Anywhere I am faced with a message in red "failed to set recording" What is this all about?

2 Replies

Re: Dishanywhere returns message "failed to set recording." What does this mean?

DISH Employee

Hello robertadamson. I hate to hear that you're experiencing an issue with trying to set recording using the DISH Anywhere app. We are aware of this issue impacting select shows and are collecting information that will help our Engineering team find a solution a bit quicker. Can you send a Private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? If you're not sure how to do that, we have a great guide right here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Re: Dishanywhere returns message "failed to set recording." What does this mean?

Roadijeff
Visual Engineer

I submitted a thread several months ago about this same problem with Dish Anywhere.  In my case, it will not record anything via Dish Anywhere, no matter if I am using Firefox or MS Edge browser.  I submitted my information to a DISH employee and was told technicians were working on a solution.

I guess they are still working on it since the problem remains.