Dish contract dispute with local channel and HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish contract dispute with local channel and HBO

TBoone
Extra
My local ABC channel 2 has not been available for months. Now I’m told HBO is not available as well. When I signed 2year contact it did not exclude channels.or packages. Why should I be penalized for early termination since Dish is in violation of contracted service.
5 Replies

Re: Dish contract dispute with local channel and HBO

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Your contract did not guarantee any channel and explicitly disclosed that any channel can be removed at anytime. That is why a termination fee would be valid.

stormy5
Camera Crew

Which is why I'm cancelling as soon as mine runs out next month. I've had enough with contract disputes.

In the time I've used Dish,  I have lost more programming channels in 2 years than I have in my entire life due to network "negiotations.  I googled Dish news and a whole page  of contract disputes that Dish was involved in just in the last 2 weeks.

This is utterly unacceptable, I know for an absolute fact that one of the disputes with Dish, was over a proposed subscriber fee of less than 10 cents per subscriber.  For 10 cents a month, they blacked out my favorite channel.

I bought Dish with the expectation that the channel line I signed up for, would be available. It's implied when you sign up those channels will be availabe,  instead of the bait and switch we have been subjected to.   They are supposed to provide a service.  Well the service I have loses a connection everytime it rains,  I could have a tornado a block from my house, but since the news channels are out, you would never know.  

And I don't care that our contract doesn't guarantee those channels will be available,  if you list a channel line up, you're telling the customers this is what they will be provided, not we will provide them if  we don't spend months fighting with the networks over  a few cents.   

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What they tell customers(same with every provider), is that channels may be removed at anytime. You literally have to initial that upon installation...
Highlighted

stormy5
Camera Crew

Most people myself included are  guilty of not reading fine print on something like cable or satellite service. We "trust" our providers will act in good faith.

However, I have definitely learned my lesson and will not repeat that mistake again.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are acting in good faith. Not carrying the channel is not bad faith. The reason those terms are in there is because they do not own the channels. Cannot promise something they have limited control over. This will be the same no matter the provider you select.