cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Internet upgrade

Ja21270
Character Actor
I have had Dish for almost 20 years. I tried to get an upgrade for my old Wildblue internet service to your newer internet service. The technician was just here and told me that the upgrade to the new service was not possible, and that I had to upgrade to an old service fist.... Can someone please explain to me why I can't just upgrade to the newest system like I wanted to do in the first place?
5 Replies

Re: Dish Internet upgrade

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Dish may not have a gateway open to sell the service to you. I would recommend reaching out to a local retailer, as they have different open gateways to get you on.

Ja21270
Character Actor

That makes no sense at all. They want to put up an old system, then come back and upgrade to the new system later. But they don't have the old system so they have to wait until they come across one.. How does that make sense when they had the new system right on the truck?

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
When you say old system, what do you mean?

Ja21270
Character Actor
I have Wildblue internet, provided from Dish network from about 18 or so years ago. I need more speed for school, so I set up an upgrade for this morning. Tech said he only has the new internet systems on the truck, and that I needed to first upgrade to an older system that they do not have in stock. That I would have to wait until someone with the older system upgraded to the newer system so he could put the older system over here then later on I could upgrade again to the newer system... Sounds like BS to me so I think I am going to look elsewhere.. This makes no sense and the more I think about what I was told by the tech and the lady over the phone the more passed off I get. Almost 20 years I have had internet and tv with Dish and I think this is CRAP and I will let social media know about it.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Definitely sounds like you should call a retailer. That takes it back to the gateway issue. The retailer will have additional gateways for you.