Dish Anywhere (only connects to one Live channel, no matter where you click)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere (only connects to one Live channel, no matter where you click)

Stephan
Character Actor

Hello,

I have Windows 10, Chrome browser, and access Dish Anywhere via the web.  When I click on ANY live show, I just get the current CBS live show.  That one channel works great, but it surely does not belong on ABC, NBC, etc.  Not sure what the issue is and why Dish Anywhere only allows just the CBS channel to show up.  Thanks, Stephan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dish Anywhere (only connects to one Live channel, no matter where you click)

Stephan
Character Actor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response, but I tried something basic and it seems to work correctly now.  I removed all Dish Anywhere programs on WIndows 10 (i.e., two player apps).  Rebooted the PC, then logged on to Dish Anywhere on the web, and then waited until the web site said I had to download a video player.  It downloaded two players(Dish Anywhere and Sling) and then I tried it again.  No luck, so I rebooted the computer again, and this time I had success!  Bizarre stuff, but hopefully things work correctly from now on.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere (only connects to one Live channel, no matter where you click)

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What receiver do you have and does it always do this, no matter what is on or recording on the receiver?

Stephan
Character Actor

Great question.  I have the Hopper 3 and I just tried the DVR recordings.  And you guessed it, still only puts out the CBS current live stream channel when I was trying to watch a recorded show.  Stephan

DISH Employee

Hi Stephan, that is a strange issue. Do you mind sending me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account and look into this?

Stephan
Character Actor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response, but I tried something basic and it seems to work correctly now.  I removed all Dish Anywhere programs on WIndows 10 (i.e., two player apps).  Rebooted the PC, then logged on to Dish Anywhere on the web, and then waited until the web site said I had to download a video player.  It downloaded two players(Dish Anywhere and Sling) and then I tried it again.  No luck, so I rebooted the computer again, and this time I had success!  Bizarre stuff, but hopefully things work correctly from now on.

Steve

View solution in original post