DVR recordings screen displays word "new"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR recordings screen displays word "new"

DouglasPHill
Extra

On my Hopper DVR recordings screen, it lists the series' I record, for instance Hawaii 5 - 0.

On the top left corner(I think) is the word "New" in red which I take it to mean that there

is a new recording.

When I select that icon, it then shows me the episodes I have recorded to watch.  After I watch the

new recording, why doesn't the word "New" disappear from the DVR recordings screen with regard

to Hawaii 5 - 0 ?

So what causes the word "new" to appear on the DVR recordings screen over a given series and how

can I get rid of it so I know that I have watched all of the eps recorded?  (don't want to delete after watching)

Thanks

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: DVR recordings screen displays word "new"

logdog
Visual Engineer

It's not a new recording... it's a new episode. After you watched ALL the new episodes, the new should disappear.

If you are saving all the recordings, you should see a green line under the watch column after you select the show or 0% if you haven't watched.

logdog
Visual Engineer

Correction - the new does not disappear after watching all episodes. You have to select the show and rely on the watched bar. This is something Dish should probably fix.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon. Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue. I am also having the exact same issue on one of the series that I record. I'd be pleased to get your account information and get this issue forwarded over to our Engineering Team. May you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?