DISHanywhere on Windows 10 changed August 2019

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISHanywhere on Windows 10 changed August 2019

snissen
Camera Crew

Today, on August 28. 2019, the user interface (UI) of DISHanywhere on my Windows 10 computers changed, looking different than it did the days and months before. The new UI is more (excessively) graphical, and some features of the old UI seem to be gone. For example, in the new UI, what is the equivalent to the old "Watch Live" link/button?

(And, can I switch from these picture-based lists to text-based lists? With my vision problems, I can't always easily interpret the pictures.)

More important, is there a user guide or manual for this new UI? If not, is there another place where I can find more information about the new UI or the UI changes?

I don't mind changes in technology, but I don't like to be surprised by them, and I expect to find some kind of transition help or guide. Will DISH come through for me?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DISHanywhere on Windows 10 changed August 2019

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

JUST FYI. I posted the same issue here and would love to merge the two threads because this is a big deal and as many DISH customers should know about this as possible.

https://communities.dish.com/t5/On-The-Go/Dish-Anywhere-new-version/m-p/27013#M3150

View solution in original post

6 Replies

snissen
Camera Crew

(Feel free to move this posting to whatever "community" it should be in. I couldn't figure out how to find or navigate the different forums.)

babuajay
Extra

Totally Agree.. Who in todays world surprise the user base overnight with totally new UI then what they used to without lettting them know.. It's 2019... your software allows you to provide popup notice to let users know that change is comming and click here to get familer with your new GUI for watching Dishanywhere..

Now on the issues; when you update software it suppose to give you better quality and better easy of use.

-  Waching TV moved from Sling to browser tab. --- Quality if video sucks

- Most annoying issue, the the display frame of the TV screen is does not fit the browser window, so your are not seeing the bottom part of the frame, if you are watching the stock market channel.. i.e bloomberg, you have to scroll up to see the bottom market data..this is unacceptable..

I was just on the phone with a tech rep and she had no answers other than try another browser  and she said that she will take the feedback and send it on..on top she tried to sell me a package with $5 discount.. Whaaaaaaat? 

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

JUST FYI. I posted the same issue here and would love to merge the two threads because this is a big deal and as many DISH customers should know about this as possible.

https://communities.dish.com/t5/On-The-Go/Dish-Anywhere-new-version/m-p/27013#M3150

View solution in original post

babuajay
Extra

Sure go ahead.

Highlighted

snissen
Camera Crew

Anyone reading this thread/topic, please move over to:

where a larger discussion continues.

atljam
Extra

dish went to junk software, no notice no beta no info and no answer. Sorry example of customer no service