Channel Guide Changes from House to RV Use

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Channel Guide Changes from House to RV Use

Character Actor

The issue is missing channels that occur when I change the receiver’s location.  Here are the details:  I have two (2) Wally’s which I interchange between my house and my motorhome.  When the Wally’s are operating in my house, I get all of the channels that I’m subscribed to, including local channels.  However, when I move either of the Wally’s to the motorhome, I lose 25% of the subscription channels and I lose all of the local channels.  I’ve even tried alternating and swapping-out the Wally units – I get the same limited number of channels.  I’ve gone through the steps of the tutorial and every other possible remedy more than once (including verifying “All Subscribed”, power-off and reboot, update programming guide, etc.).  Nothing has worked.  I could better understand this if I didn’t get ANY channels but to get 75% is baffling.

8 Replies

Re: Channel Guide Changes from House to RV Use

Character Actor
I can now add to the list of possible solutions “wake up my receivers” ... which did nothing.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Without more information, my guess is that your house is set up for eastern Arc and your service uses an autodish and is for Western Arc. Easy way to confirm, where are you located(zip code) and what type of antenna do you have for your RV?

Character Actor
Hi, Chad - thx for the note. My home address is 28724 (North Carolina). Our home service was set-up by a Dish retailer and technician; however, our local Dish retailer doesn’t support RV’s. They referred me to a motorhome service shop for installation of the antenna. How would I check the appropriate arc?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
NC is Eastern Arc, almost guaranteed on your home. Which brand antenna are you using on your RV(tailgater, king dome, etc)

Character Actor

Dish Playmaker

Character Actor

More specific:  Winegard PL7000R Dish Playmaker Dual Portable Antenna

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Looking at the Winegard website, that one says only western Arc. That would explain it.

Character Actor
Thx. You’ve been far more help than the Fish folks.