Canceling Dish Service Due to HBO Dispute

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canceling Dish Service Due to HBO Dispute

Freetek
Extra

We joined Dish in 2006,, never signed a contract for any term, only for receipt for the now-antiquated gear.

Other than loss of signal like everyone else, the only complaint I've had is the absolutely stupid change in function with the "improved" user interface coding which occurred some months ago causing even slower response and endless glitches.

Can't believe that they have traded a nearly perfectly functional user interface for one apparently written by  14 y/o "coder."

Stupid effing move...

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Which receiver do you have?

Kimmy22
Extra

I read that HBO is still sending the signal to dish. Dish is choosing not to use it. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That would be mostly false. ATT is still sending the signal over the satellites to every provider, however a provider cannot use it without the express written approval(contract) from the channel owner. ATT is still demanding a minimum subscriber guarantee in their contract that is almost double what previously subscribed to HbO(non HBO subscribers would be forced to subsidize the minority HBO subscribers).

bbexperience
Extra
Blaming this all on AT&T is ridiculous. They offered to allow Dish to continue airing the channels while they figured this out. Trying to blame this all on the other side is just their propaganda to try to stop customers from dropping. Having said that, Direct isn't any better. I'd drop Dish because of this nonsense but I'm in the sticks and don't really have a choice.

ellingmel
Camera Crew

I am canceling at the end of April - cannot wait. I will be switching to youtube tv. $40 a month and all the channels we want. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

ellingmel, we would hate to see you leave the DISH family. I know that these negotiations have been frustrating. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check what options may be available for you? 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

DarwinTX
Character Actor

LOL Christina! The option is: do what you gotta do to take care of your customers without all the stupid blustering! Seriously, I think I've been more than patient. I'm rolling up out of Dish, too, and I've been a customer for a lot of years. This is ridiculous.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are, less than 20% of customers wanted HBO to begin with. ATT demands are that all Dish customers pay for it, and ATT has not moved past that position. Once they drop that demand, then it will be back, and since a la carte, that would mean even if it had to be at $35 per month. They are protecting and taking care of the majority of customers, although the minority is usually the loudest.

DarwinTX
Character Actor
Nice response. "We don't care about 20% of our customers - they're loudmouths anyway!" Well, judging by the reports of how many subscribers you're losing (not to mention the potential customers who won't sign up with Dish due to your inability to offer a complete programming package), I guess we see who suffers the most in the end: your bottom line.